Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2012 Anime

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I have to say, this season looks pretty terrible.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but this season is amazing, nearly every show has been good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Thomas-G wrote: »
    I don't know if this is sarcasm, but this season is amazing, nearly every show has been good so far

I havent even watched anything yet lol. The charts always lie though, but nothing overly appeals to me yet.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I havent even watched anything yet lol. The charts always lie though, but nothing overly appeals to me yet.

Space Bros, Accel World and Sankarea are all safe bets at the very least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Still watching Gundam AGE and Aquarion EVOL which are both pretty solid. Checking out Medaka Box on recommendations as well as Space Brothers and the new Eureka Seven.

Show of the year? Lupin the Third: A Woman named Mine Fujiko. Fantastic stuff altogether. If you've seen any Lupin, watch it. If you never seen any Lupin, drop everything and watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Sakamichi no Apollon seems promising, especially if you like music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So, what have we all been watching? Here's a quick run-down of the shows I've been keeping up with anyway:

- Natsuiro Kiseki: Nice show about friendship based around 4 teenage girls. Enjoyable, uncomplicated fodder.

- Medaka Box: Love the animation, love Medaka but the episodes have been a bit hit and miss with me so far. Some of them I've loved, others I've just found myself bored with.

- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Beast show. Absolutely ridiculous but frickin' hilarious. I thought this was a sequel so didn't put it on my watch list but it isn't and I'm so glad I picked it up! Seriously, it's brilliant - and all the references to other anime/games/Lovecraft universe are awesome.

- Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? Of the Dead - another hilarious show. There was less plot than in the 1st season but I actually found it funnier. Wish there were more episodes but sure what can ya do!

- Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan: Don't watch this if you're looking for a fast-paced plot-driven show - this is as far from that as possible. However, I love it, probably because I'm obsessed with Tony Taka character designs >_> It's a slow-paced show but as long as you're not expecting more, it's really enjoyable.

- Sankarea: I was unsure about this at the start but after about the 3rd episode I got into better. It's a touching story about a girl who hates her life and seeks freedom when she's accidentally turned into a zombie. It's very realistic though and also touches on friendship, love and death.

- Accel World: Like Medaka Box, this show is a bit hit and miss with me. Some episodes are great, others are a bit dull. The first few episodes bombard you with a TON of information but it starts to make a bit more sense the further along you get. Gonna keep it up anyway.

-Hyouka: Fantastic show. Every word and every image is just so perfect - nothing is superfluous. Everything is laden with meaning. Fantastic animation too.

I agree with the above, except I like Accel World more than most. I'm on a break from most of the Ep 9s, since I'd prefer to marathon the last few episodes for everything over a day or two.
    Honestly everything is good pretty much. You should all watch Upotte!! though, it's more ridiculous than Nyaruko.

Advertisement