Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.A Noire Pc problem

Options
  • 24-12-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what I need to do here to get this game to work? Installed everything and activated the licence, then when I try and restart I get the following error:

PCGS4: Malformed settings file. Please delete settings.ini and restart the game.

System info:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
    Language: English
    Processor String: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
    Processor Identifier: Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Speed: 2.67 Ghz
    Processor Count: 4
    System RAM: 4087 MB
    HDD Size Total: 953766 MB
    HDD Size Available: 544149 MB
    Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    Motherboard Product: P7P55D PRO
    BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
    BIOS Version: 020

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I assume you've tried deleting "settings.ini"?

Reinstall the game, if it's still not working you could have gotten a faulty disk. It does still happen from time to time. Happened to me last month had to send the disk back for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

ScumLord wrote: »
    I assume you've tried deleting "settings.ini"?

Reinstall the game, if it's still not working you could have gotten a faulty disk. It does still happen from time to time. Happened to me last month had to send the disk back for a replacement.

I can't find "settings.ini"??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Should be located here: C:\Users\User\Documents\Rockstar Games\LA noire\settings.ini

gizmo wrote: »
    Should be located here: C:\Users\User\Documents\Rockstar Games\LA noire\settings.ini

yeah, it was settings, but no .ini after it. Deleted it and restarted but no use still. Will have to return it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

yeah, it was settings, but no .ini after it. Deleted it and restarted but no use still. Will have to return it.

Thanks.
    To be honest I doubt they'll let you return it, especially after activating the licence.

In the meantime...

Are you running the game via Administrator Mode? You can do this by right clicking the executable and selecting "Run as administrator".

If that doesn't work, I also remember one of my mate mentioning he had to disable UAC in Win 7 for it to work. To do this follow these steps.

Open Control Panel
    Select User Accounts
    Select 'Change User Account Control Settings'
    Change the slider to Never Notify
    Restart your computer now and try running it again either as normal or in admin mode.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    To be honest I doubt they'll let you return it, especially after activating the licence.

In the meantime...

Are you running the game via Administrator Mode? You can do this by right clicking the executable and selecting "Run as administrator".

If that doesn't work, I also remember one of my mate mentioning he had to disable UAC in Win 7 for it to work. To do this follow these steps.

Open Control Panel
    Select User Accounts
    Select 'Change User Account Control Settings'
    Change the slider to Never Notify
    Restart your computer now and try running it again either as normal or in admin mode.

yeah done all that prior to putting this post up. Disappointed now as I was looking forward to playing it over the xmas. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If it's a known issue, maybe someone has uploaded a default settings.ini that you can substitute into your installation. It might be enough to get the game up & running & configure yourself once it's loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Sure just uninstall it and reinstall. It's usually the best way to fix these things.

B0X wrote: »
    Sure just uninstall it and reinstall. It's usually the best way to fix these things.

For some reason, this worked! Even though I had it done already! Thanks guys for all the help!;)

Advertisement