Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Business and Chinese?

Options
  • 24-12-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone on the forum is doing this course? I'm a bit worried about the Chinese part, I really want to study it, but I'd be afraid learning Chinese may be too difficult for me.

Anyone got any opinions on it?

Thanks. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Grindylow wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone on the forum is doing this course? I'm a bit worried about the Chinese part, I really want to study it, but I'd be afraid learning Chinese may be too difficult for me.

Anyone got any opinions on it?

Thanks. :D
    A friend of mine is studying this, he finds the Chinese to be pretty manageable. There is a lot of labs in Chinese so you are immersed in it from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Yeah, I am on the course. Be prepared for hours of work on the Chinese side, it is worth noting that the title of the course is Chinese and International Business, as it is a joint major degree and you will find yourself spending far more time on Chinese than on business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭pprendeville

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I am on the course. Be prepared for hours of work on the Chinese side, it is worth noting that the title of the course is Chinese and International Business, as it is a joint major degree and you will find yourself spending far more time on Chinese than on business.

you in minzu or blcu? mr. h asked us to put down our preferences today and i picked minzu. can you fille me on on what your college is like? any pitfalls to watch out for?

Advertisement