Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissolved company still issuing invoices

Options
  • 24-12-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Someone may be able to answer this, the company that owns the golf club that I am a member of was dissolved a few weeks ago, they have numerous other companies and it was presumed by most of us that we would be invoiced by a different company this year. I got my renewal invoice yesterday and it's issued by the dissolved company. Can a dissolved company issue invoices, I would have thought dissolved meant it was no more?

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

A dissolved company has no legal status until it is restored to the registrar of companies. All its assets vest with the state. It's directors will have unlimited liability for any transactions they enter into if they continue to trade while the company is dissolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Thanks Dbran.

Advertisement