Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Duper Off Duty Thread - 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

The mother was in a pretty horrible car crash last night and walked away with jus bruised ribs from the seat belt, twas so severe that the second cars engine bay went on fire and the driver ran off,

Fair play to the ambulance an fire crews that helped her and the taxi driver out,.. They both walked away with minor bruises an shock..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Anyone else read this? I think this kinda kills the random and post your own video threads :(

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056565748

The vast majority of mods and even admin are still bit lost for wheres about what's going on atm. Can't really go too much in detail except to say all options are being looking at at present by the top dawgs. So for the time being.. threads will remain as they are until any further developments.

@ Balfie, glad she and the driver are relatively alright man.

TOMMY BOWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Fúck you Cody, my ribs are sore......!

Just one more video, safe to say I'm making fierce progress doing work :rolleyes:

Skip to 4:30 if you want :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

From the Gaming Bargains thread:
    HMV in Grafton Street are selling 4000 Microsoft points in COD Elite packaging for €34.99. Picked up a couple at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads. How do the traffic corp monitor speeding? Do they have to be in front or can they do it at the side? Where are the camera's on the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I see semi-nude self taken pictures of Christina Hendricks are online now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

PM! :P

• Advertisement

Cossax wrote: »

I expect a PM in my inbox by 2pm. Don't make me get the banhammer :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cossax wrote: »

Couldn't like the link on FB but can thank you here :pac:

Cheers!

CORaven wrote: »

Not a Halo fan and never have been. But I find it odd they are introducing perks. Takes away from the game IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Making maps from scratch with competitive play in mind >

Take a leaf cod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Wait, the people in Tallafornia go to ITT, the college I want to go to?..............F*CK

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads. How do the traffic corp monitor speeding? Do they have to be in front or can they do it at the side? Where are the camera's on the car?

They recently updated the cars to have the same stuff that the english police use, number plate reading cameras in front and back, both are used for reading plates, and speed, if the car was in a fixed position they could have been using a Lazer gun that determines speed, or if they had the car Pointing towards the road they could have jus seen that you were speeding, got behind ya to check the speed on the front camera and figured it from there.

Most garda cars have been upgraded to that new stuff, and automatically read number plates as cars go past them to check for tax, insurance and nct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Wait, the people in Tallafornia go to ITT, the college I want to go to?..............F*CK

haha, thats class... watching the other episodes now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Kinda hope the shows gets another season just for these lads to make more vids :D

Soby wrote: »
    Kinda hope the shows gets another season just for these lads to make more vids :D

Exactly. The Corminator needs his own show too where the lads narrate! :D

• Advertisement

Not a Halo fan and never have been. But I find it odd they are introducing perks. Takes away from the game IMHO.

But they are not adding perks (afaik). At least not in the CoD sense. They will probably readapt the concept they used of armour abilities from Reach where one class can sprint while another can use a jet pack.

CORaven wrote: »
    But they are not adding perks (afaik). At least not in the CoD sense. They will probably readapt the concept they used of armour abilities from Reach where one class can sprint while another can use a jet pack.

Not as extreme as CoD Perks but a friend of mine who is a huge Halo fan stated it may be something like this:

The way I see it, these "Gameplay Changes", won't be the likes of:

-Not appearing on Radar Permanently
    -50% quicker reloads
    -500% more ammo
    -2x Shields

I'd like to think that it would be more along the lines of:

-5-10% quicker reloads
    -2-3 Extra Ammo Clips for deployed weapons
    -5-10% quicker Shield Recharge
    -Jump 5-10% Higher/Further
    -Sprint 5-10% quicker

I never watched Tallafornia and judging by that video you have to brain dead to watch it

I never watched Tallafornia and judging by that video you have to brain dead to watch it

Watch the Swipe vids above, basically two lads taking the piss out of them. Tis actually funny.

Heard this song in the Mass Effect 3 Launch trailer, listen to it non-stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Geordie shore !

work:
    http://8tracks.com/madelinerose7/zimmer-hans-zimmer

play:
    http://8tracks.com/josh-g/project-x

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Heard this song in the Mass Effect 3 Launch trailer, listen to it non-stop!

Damn I want that game so bad but I'm forcing myself to wait till all the dlc is out for the complete experience.

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Damn I want that game so bad but I'm forcing myself to wait till all the dlc is out for the complete experience.

I can't hold out like that, speaking of DLC, the new BF3 DLC sounds awesome, during the summer they will be releasing a vehicle orientated map which is the biggest map in Battlefield history.

Do those brain training games do what they say on the tin? ie actually work?

Don't go near TW13 HS.! It's so much more difficult than before... and I love it! :D

Gonna go all out for #1 in the world in tournament difficulty right off the batclub :)

edit - can't wait for THPS HD as well!

• Advertisement

Who the **** are you and where's the loveable rogue loco gone. Talking about loco I destroyed him in tw12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Actually partly worked on research for developing one for kids with learning difficulties. Some of the research would show that its same as any repetitive exercise , if you keep doing it will strengthen certain parts of the brain.i.e. constantly doing math problems will help your decision making capability.
    Generally though the games aren't gonna make you any smarter.The idea behind them is fairly basic and doesn't really take the complexities of intelligence or the multiple factors involved with development into account. Read a book a week on different subjects that you know little or nothing about would be better imo.Generally the games are cack and do little to nothing for people with healthy brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

they are designed to just keep your brain stimulated..

But in terms of it boosting you IQ etc.. no.. Its just gets you to use your head in a more useful way than standard computer games...

by doing say, division etc over and over you may get better at it... I think its more a novelty really but it is more beneficial than playing a standard computer game.
    Good for kids as they are learning/getting better coz it keeps their interest longer than doing standard maths on a piece of paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Anyone here ever work in a phone shop? Got an interview for one and any tips would be appriciated

scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=rqqvbb.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Seachtain na Gaeilge has a worldwide reach, it seems.

431527_355375857819104_100000400796291_1172802_96153494_n.jpg

Playing some more CS:GO/CSS yesterday, few deagle rounds.

Apparently you'll not beable to play vs PC players on the PS3 on release now.. probably bad news for PS3 because the reason is that they want to be constantly updating the PC version... hopefully it doesn't end up like TF2 did on console.

Magill wrote: »
    Playing some more CS:GO/CSS yesterday, few deagle rounds.

Apparently you'll not beable to play vs PC players on the PS3 on release now.. probably bad news for PS3 because the reason is that they want to be constantly updating the PC version... hopefully it doesn't end up like TF2 did on console.

Might not be the worst thing. If anyone had a go at trying to play it with dual analogues against pc players it would be hilarious.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Might not be the worst thing. If anyone had a go at trying to play it with dual analogues against pc players it would be hilarious.

well, i think you will still beable to plug in your keyboard mouse.. but yeah.. the ps3 players in general will be pretty bad, with or without a mouse.

well, i think you will still beable to plug in your keyboard mouse.. but yeah.. the ps3 players in general will be pretty bad, with or without a mouse.
    If you had to use a controller on ps3 there wouldnt be any difference between console and ps3 players tbh

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    If you had to use a controller on ps3 there wouldnt be any difference between console and ps3 players tbh

huh ? i guess you mean pc and ps3 players.

Well it depends, the game probably plays a **** load different on a controller.. but considering that CS along with quake have by far the highest skill ceilings out of all the great competitive shooters.. and its been around for 12 years (A lot of the top players have been playing that long)... general gamesense/map positioning/strats/wallbang spots/nade spots and just generally being far more experienced at shooters than the majority of PS3 players, there would be a HUGE difference between PC and PS3 players, even if they were all on an equal playingfield in terms of control and aiming.

huh ? i guess you mean pc and ps3 players.

Well it depends, the game probably plays a **** load different on a controller.. but considering that CS along with quake have by far the highest skill ceilings out of all the great competitive shooters.. and its been around for 12 years (A lot of the top players have been playing that long)... general gamesense/map positioning/strats/wallbang spots/nade spots and just generally being far more experienced at shooters than the majority of PS3 players, there would be a HUGE difference between PC and PS3 players, even if they were all on an equal playingfield in terms of control and aiming.

Completely forgot some of the maps are old ones

Fifa pro tip: Play against boss teams. They're usually crap and mommy bought them UT coins!

img02561.jpg

img02571s.jpg

The less said about Lakes FC the better

lake headhunters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

quality lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone seen this:

it may as well be called Call Of Duty: The Movie, even the title is similar, Act Of Valor. real US Seals play characters but with real weapons (sometimes even live fire rounds). looks like its definitely marketed at the COD playing crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

krudler wrote: »
    anyone seen this:

it may as well be called Call Of Duty: The Movie, even the title is similar, Act Of Valor. real US Seals play characters but with real weapons (sometimes even live fire rounds). looks like its definitely marketed at the COD playing crowd.

Gettin' bad reviews but the trailer still gives me bit of a chubby...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The bit in the trailer where the guys creeps out of the water with his hands up to catch the falling body gives me the willies it's so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gettin' bad reviews but the trailer still gives me bit of a chubby...

I think thats the point in the US, "hey kids, like call of duty? watch this glorified recruitment video, join and blow sh1t up for real!"

• Advertisement

reminds me of Yvan eht nioj

Advertisement