Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Duper Off Duty Thread - 2.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

krudler wrote: »
    I think thats the point in the US, "hey kids, like call of duty? watch this glorified recruitment video, join and blow sh1t up for real!"

Where do I sign?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Thankswhore :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:pac:

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Thankswhore :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:pac:

That's why I only ever post a funny pic in YLYL :pac:. Think I have 2 posts in there. 1 being POTD :P

But thought some folk here could do with some cheering up ;)

That's why I only ever post a funny pic in YLYL :pac:. Think I have 2 posts in there. 1 being POTD :P

But thought some folk here could do with some cheering up ;)

I'm messing, but yea I agree with you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dunno what this really means but if you gottz GAME store credit I'd be ising it pretty lively!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10-000-game-workers-may-lose-job-122313224.html
    Embattled computer games retailer Game has put itself up for sale in a last-ditch bid to stave off financial collapse.
    Its quarterly rent bill is due in a fortnight and failure to pay its landlords could push it into administration, jeopardising 10,000 jobs and wiping out investors.
    The Sunday Times newspaper said advisory firm Rothschild has been appointed to find a buyer for the business, which includes 600 UK shops, but that completing a deal in such a short time-frame will be difficult.
    The retailer's trading difficulties deepened in recent weeks, despite it agreeing revised lending facilities with its banks last month.
    But the loan was not enough to reassure suppliers, with Game reportedly losing the rights to sell keenly awaited fighting game Street Fighter X Tekken.
    Last month the retailer told gamers it would not be selling popular sci-fi game Mass Effect 3, supplied by Electronic Arts.
    The report said Deloitte has been lined up to handle any insolvency process which could see Game's UK operations put through a pre-pack administration in order for some or all of its estate to be sold on quickly.
    The company, which has 1,300 stores worldwide trading under the Game and Gamestation brands, suffered a dismal Christmas with like-for-like sales down 12.9% in the eight weeks to January 7, blamed on a lack of new consoles and a squeeze in consumer spending.
    Game has already signalled that losses for the year to the end of January will be around £18 million.

Muse, I don't know the likelihood of anything happening, but I've money ready to run in to get a few games on the cheap ;)

Uh oh... I (stupidly) found a site in work that allows me to play curveball. I'll never get anything done at this rate.

Fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rvp is just a class act, what a player

Headshot wrote: »
    rvp is just a class act, what a player

Indeed!

Apparently Man City will pay him 210k a week if he joins! Durty!

• Advertisement

Anyone have a spare beta key for counter strke Go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Anyone have a spare beta key for counter strke Go?

Put your back to the wall when you get it !

LakesKeane wrote: »

It's grand, Magill got his key :p

It's grand, Magill got his key :p

No no no. Just thinking HS is going into cs fresh faced. Bring the cooking oil

Mag, record him singing please :p

No no no. Just thinking HS is going into cs fresh faced. Bring the cooking oil

I play Counter strike often
    Mag, record him singing please :p
    My voice is a thing of beauty

I play Counter strike often

My voice is a thing of beauty

JK man. Get back on ps3.

Ill be back on the ps3 for Ninja Gaiden 3 thou

Is anyone interested in going to Rizzle Kicks in the Academy on November 6th?

€26 roughly

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

JK man. Get back on ps3Skype.

Excellent post Eamo.

• Advertisement

Going through my Two Steps From Hell playlist atm. So full of win!

-Ade- wrote: »
    Excellent post Eamo.

lol some day I reckon you'll win me over, some day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey,
    Any of you wizz kids know much about iPad 1st gen, specifically the screen acting like its haunted?
    Having a little trouble you see....

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Any of you wizz kids know much about iPad 1st gen, specifically the screen acting like its haunted?
    Having a little trouble you see....

How does one exorcist Steve job

How does one exorcist Steve job

Did you know HS, that Kells' has preformed 5 exorcisms since 1922? The first one being televised. This.... despite the television having never been invented! True story #KellsFacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Diablo 3 CE... pre-ordered... **** yeah !

Roll on may 15th.

Magill wrote: »

Roll on may 15th.

Will be defo be picking this up if funds permit it!!

Roll on may 15th.

Can't believe you're not pirating it

Can't believe you're not pirating it

LOL ! I'd never do such a thing m8.

We'll have to kill some baddies together for ze loot some time hyper ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Looting you say hmmm...

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Looting you say hmmm...

You can come too on our epic adventure ! Don't forget your wizards hat !

Really liking Tribes at the moment

We'll have to kill some baddies together for ze loot some time hyper ;)

Indeed we shall!

Collectors edition looks bad-ass! Its cool that you get diablo 2 with it aswel.. I must try dig that out sometime n install on my laptop!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Indeed we shall!

Collectors edition looks bad-ass! Its cool that you get diablo 2 with it aswel.. I must try dig that out sometime n install on my laptop!

Yeah, its the only collectors edition i've ever bought ! Soundtrack will probably be awesome aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Was in Dundrum today trying to pick up Street Fighter X Tekken in GAME, anyways had no luck there because they aren't getting games in because they are probably closing down.
    None the less I was looking around in the store and a guy from my school comes up to me and says he just traded in loads of games at got over 100 euro on a voucher card and he kept asking me to buy it off of him for 70 euro. I turned him down and soon after he starts walking around the store asking other people to buy it off him. About half an hour later after grabbing some food and some mother's day gifts I headed down to HMV and he was there asking every single person in the Game section of HMV to buy it off him. :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Maybe he needed the money :confused:

Maybe he needed the money :confused:

I'd guess its more that there aint any games he wants there and he'd rather get 70 quid for himself than potentially loose out on €100 credit

Funny ventrillo(Program like skype) convo from years ago. Hilarious arguments during a competitive game !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sounds like Woody from This is England

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

• Advertisement

Haha Coppercab, what a man. He'll drop dead from stress soon.

Man that Ireland match was nothing short of painful to watch.. So so painful! Cant believe they brought on O'Leary so early.. That chap is just not up to standard!

But when hear bout players such as Muamba collapsing FA cup it put things in perspective!! Best wishes to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone here got an iphone? should get this while its cheap Modern Combat 3, its a complete ripoff of COD but its astonishingly good for a phone game,and its only 79 cents at the moment. takes a while to get used to the controls but its has a campaign and even multiplayer, activision should just develop a proper COD game if it can be done, theres already a zombies game for phones:

its crazy how far phone gaming has come along in the past couple of years, I remember Snake being the height of phone gaming, now you have stuff that looks as good as ps2 games did, like Inifinity Blade, which is incredible looking for something you play on a phone:

zAjas.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Absolutely cant wait to see this (watch it in 1080p and full screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Just seen that Tulisa (whoever the **** she is, some minor celeb apparently) has what we'll loosely call a 'sex video'. When did this become standard practice for pushing yourself from a Z list celeb to something slightly above a Z lister?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Realistically shes far more than a minor celeb in the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Cossax wrote: »
    Just seen that Tulisa (whoever the **** she is, some minor celeb apparently) has what we'll loosely call a 'sex video'. When did this become standard practice for pushing yourself from a Z list celeb to something slightly above a Z lister?

You must spend all your time reading celeb thrash blogs as you're constantly the first to break these things, weren't you the one telling us about Scarlet's and Christina Hendricks hacked photos. Admit it, you're really a 55 year old spinster with a penchant for celeb gossip and a legion of cats.

yimrsg wrote: »
    You must spend all your time reading celeb thrash blogs as you're constantly the first to break these things, weren't you the one telling us about Scarlet's and Christina Hendricks hacked photos. Admit it, you're really a 55 year old spinster with a penchant for celeb gossip and a legion of cats.

Crazycatlady.jpg

I saw the video, they'll do anything to get famous (it looks like she made it years ago tbf)

Crazycatlady.jpg

I saw the video, they'll do anything to get famous (it looks like she made it years ago tbf)

Worth a view?

• Advertisement
Advertisement