Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread - 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

iMuse wrote: »
    Really feel for people who went over and wasted their money.

damn right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

iMuse wrote: »
    Really feel for people who went over and wasted their money.

Its terrible for them!

French people travelling all over the country to see the match and familes of Irish people over paying money for hotels, tickets transport..

Your one from the 6 nations said their tickets will be valid for the rematch.. which is useless to Irish people who may not have the funds to travel again/get time off!

Really really feel for those dedicated 1,000's of Irish folk who have gone to support the lads in green... really is just disgraceful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Rotten form from the organisers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

tune?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,610 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Does one need a laptop if you have a ipad 2 and computer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

jaysus whitney houston croaked , she had a few good hits

Scody94 wrote: »

...I see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Headshot wrote: »
    Does one need a laptop if you have a ipad 2 and computer ?

Question is do you need one? How often are you away from home and you need to do something a little power intensive ? Do you have a computer at work that you could use?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Scody94 wrote: »

Aye. No matter people's opinions of her as a person, no doubting she could sing.

Can't believe she was only 48 though, thought she was in her 60s by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,610 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Question is do you need one? How often are you away from home and you need to do something a little power intensive ? Do you have a computer at work that you could use?

Thanks for you advice lakes

Yap in the end I decided to sell the laptop, ill miss it alot but cant justify keeping it when its hardly ever used

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

hypermuse wrote: »
    Make sure to get your booing chants ready for that racist fother mucker who should be shot in the face and kicked outa football completely!

I think the less said about that rodent the better! Great experience to goto the game overall, the rodent was suitably abused as he deserves. We weren't aware of the no handshake incident until we saw the highlights on tv after.

I must say fair play to the LFC fans, they sang most of the game and made plenty of noise.

Some craic in the pubs before and after the game. Although we ended up in a some shyte hole pub after the game, played Killer with locals and nearly ended in a brawl - there was only 2 of us and at least 10 of them.

Was really surprised with the anti-irish abuse we received after we started winning and then they refused to pay out. Anyway, live and learn!

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I think the less said about that rodent the better! Great experience to goto the game overall, the rodent was suitably abused as he deserves. We weren't aware of the no handshake incident until we saw the highlights on tv after.

I must say fair play to the LFC fans, they sang most of the game and made plenty of noise.

Some craic in the pubs before and after the game. Although we ended up in a some shyte hole pub after the game, played Killer with locals and nearly ended in a brawl - there was only 2 of us and at least 10 of them.

Was really surprised with the anti-irish abuse we received after we started winning and then they refused to pay out. Anyway, live and learn!

Hardly surprising in fairness, goes for the majority of away day supporters including your supporters. I personally prefer away days, being in the lions den per say is such a buzz. From talking to people who support the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or United, Home games bar the big ones at times is damn quiet, that's been my experience of the above grounds too.

As for the abuse towards Suarez, well from what I heard on Saturday. You could barely hear a peep at times from the United faithful first 5 mins, last 10 mins and goals aside.. but when United fans kicked up a fuss - it was either booing, singing about Heysel, Hillsborough, calling our club racist scum, bin dippers.. and funny enough the Park song was sung which is considered by a lot of Koreans to be racist which makes me smile greatly :) Let's not forget good aul Schmeichael's episode with Ian Wright in the late 90's. Ooooh ahhhh Cantona too (yes the fan he kicked was scum, doesn't justify what he did!). The latter was lauded by many Manchester United fans and laughed off too by the media as well come the time he returned. Before it's said, I'm sure there were some Liverpool supports making reference to Munich which is also pathetic and scummish (not a word I know) behavior of course.

In saying all that, both Suarez and Evra and contes, and both are prone to a lie or two. I'm not defending what Suarez did btw. Tbh, the hypocrisy and sheer obvious nature and points scoring over an issue such as racism is the most baffling thing from supporters and media a like is the most annoying aspect for me. Sky's montage 5 mins before KO said it all. Lapping it up. Had to bite my finger a few times in the soccer forum, if you ever wanted to find out who the cretins from both sides are. The racism and match thread from Saturday is all you need the look at. Few posts in the gambling thread also I've had to let slide for the sake of it. Faux pas and moral police spring to mind for many, of course some are genuine.

Sorry for the long post, I've kept quiet online for the most part (so not to get banned during the heat of the moment days) and a little bit of this post is blowing off steam I guess.. not aimed at yourself in particular Enigma but on a wider scale if you get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Funniest thing I saw on Sky Sports this morning was the little Villa mascot snubbing the Man City mascot yesterday.
    Obviously this is Suarez's fault and any subsequent riots!

In lighter news/comment, can someone confirm whether or not Gotham City Impostors is an open beta or not? Watched a a vid of it last night and gotta say, looks fantastic. CoD4-esque with crazy jumping abilities!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Funniest thing I saw on Sky Sports this morning was the little Villa mascot snubbing the Man City mascot yesterday.
    Obviously this is Suarez's fault and any subsequent riots!

Disgrace to Villa, should be sacked...

:rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ade it's 15e on Steam so I think the beta's over :(

Sorry for the long post, I've kept quiet online for the most part (so not to get banned during the heat of the moment days) and a little bit of this post is blowing off steam I guess.. not aimed at yourself in particular Enigma but on a wider scale if you get me.

I get you man. We were in the East Stand, the LFC fans were right beside us. There is something wrong when the 2,000 of them or so are more vocal than the home crowd, it's says alot and sadly seems to be the way at OT most of the time.

Talking to some others, apparantly an away trip with United fans is good craic. Ajax away would be a great trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Aye,Ive gone to about 20 odd games in OT most of them have been quiet as fook,
    Only one that stands out was vs Blackpool last season to win the title,was in the Stretford End for that,All I can say is ****ing hell,the amount of noise that was made.

Ade it's 15e on Steam so I think the beta's over :(

2013_6beb.jpeg

If it's available on PSN though, I'm so buying it sometime during the week!
    I get you man. We were in the East Stand, the LFC fans were right beside us. There is something wrong when the 2,000 of them or so are more vocal than the home crowd, it's says alot and sadly seems to be the way at OT most of the time.

Talking to some others, apparantly an away trip with United fans is good craic. Ajax away would be a great trip.

Aye. As I said man, same with most clubs in England namely the EPL these days. Emirates (Highbury as well) and Stamford Bridge having always never been all too great for atmosphere but in recent years Anfield and Old Tratford has really gone down the toilet. Saturday's was something else in general though, maybe it just came off worse on tv. Occasionally that has been the case. Plus the fact it was an early KO doesn't help.. this is always the case these days vs Liverpool vs Man United.

Having been to the Amsterdam Arena a couple of times (albeit in with the Ajax supporters, once in with the infamous 020 Ultras.. nice bunch actually :pac:), I can't vouch enough for attending a match there, and as you can imagine, pre-match and post-match around there is very lively :D As an Ajax follower, I expect United to tear them a new one :( Team will be made up kids with little experience as many in the first team have been swept up with injuries in the past couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I lived in manchester for two years and yeah some parts of it are exactly like Shameless, it was meant to be a lot worse a few years before where the Longsight and Moss Side gangs were in control. Once the cops locked up most of the ringleaders, the areas were fine, they're underprivileged but can't say a bad thing about them. I lived in both areas and they were grand when I was there, I felt safer out on the streets than in the house because of a wacky housemate off his meds.

You meet d*ckheads and c*nts in all places, gaming online toughens the skin but doesn't prepare you for face to face exchanges. The locals in the pub probably didn't like you and your mate paying for your next trip with their dole money! At least you've got a good tale to tell.

Passed all my exams, over the 70% average I was aiming for, happy happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

406510_253581354716419_121339054607317_577484_1612523646_n.jpg

:D

yimrsg wrote: »

You meet d*ckheads and c*nts in all places, gaming online toughens the skin but doesn't prepare you for face to face exchanges. The locals in the pub probably didn't like you and your mate paying for your next trip with their dole money! At least you've got a good tale to tell.

Agree 100%, scrotes in every town and city across the world, we just happened to walk into perhaps the wrong pub on this occassion. I've been to Manchester 3 or 4 times before, never had any issue. We play COD with a few lads from Manchester guys too, soundest lads you can come across.

I just chalk it down to learning experience and no harm done, won't stop me going back, perhaps not to the same pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I didn't know skyrim had been patched on the ps3 last wekk. Finally the game might be playable again :D

Ya I know,not only that but talks of rebooting the whole thing too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Just spent all Val's day with the gf..

Put on the PS to watch a movie (you dont want to no what movie so please dont ask :o) and the temptation to just click on COD was immense..

Join us! (We're actually on :p)

What movie? Or is it too XXX to be mentioning around Kells? :pac:

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Join us! (We're actually on :p)

What movie? Or is it too XXX to be mentioning around Kells? :pac:

Wudn't worry kells will be well tucked away in bed now

Advertisement