Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread - 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Had my (final) interview today for the job in Malta :)

Now, to just sit around and wait for a phonecall.... This could be a long week :(

How did it go? (Good luck!) :)

I think the time can only quickly be passed one way, CoD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »
    I have a basic knowledge of football, but those playbooks and rules and variations on rules etc are like encyclopedias, its a hugely technical game. I like it more for the atmosphere than the sport, same reason I watch WWE, or used to at elast, its more for the production and hype than the actual in ring action. when you've heard 80,000+ fans screaming their lungs out live at a Wrestlemania other shows and sports pale in comparison :)

I was at the 94 All Ireland (Football, last time Down won).. was unbelievable, especially considering the celebrations went on for a few days afterwards back in Newry (Team returning etc) !

Was also at the 2002 final when armagh won (I live practically on the border so a lot of my mates are armagh heads !) and it was the same... really incredible atmosphere... although if you're on the losing side like we were a couple of years ago... it can be a real downer !

I'd imagine last years final would have been amazing if you were a dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

There's shag all to watch on tv :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Leeg17 wrote: »
    How did it go? (Good luck!) :)

I think the time can only quickly be passed one way, CoD!

I think it went well, just not as well as the first one unfortunately. I'll be xboxing it up when I get home for sure :D

Then drinking to celebrate or drown my sorrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

How I met your mother.

Sons of Anarchy(Stream it )

Walking dead(Stream it)

Hawaii Five-0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Having played about an hour of MW3 in the last 3-4 weeks,I been going through my other sp games(dead island,deus ex) and tv shows off my hardrive.
    Watched the mind season finale of the walking dead last night,thought it was class.I think it was the music that did it for me,re-watched it a few times.
    Also rewatching Arrested Developmet again,I never get tired of that show.
    Game of thrones up next.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Game of thrones up next.

Friends were raving about it (seeing the new trailer I think) just before we left for Xmas, so I downloaded it in 720p. First episode has some creepy blonde dude and a stunning blonde dragon chick. :D

Also, the title sequence for it is amazing.

Talk about having no compassion... I just got off the phone with 3 asking if there was something that could be done about my contract. I stated that I lost my job and as such may have to move to Malta for work and the guy just flat out said there was nothing I could do except pay the remaining months (9 x €60).

Then when asked if there was someone else I could speak to he said that I was through to the cancellation dept. and any email I send will end up straight back to him and the answer would remain the same.

FML :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Talk about having no compassion... I just got off the phone with 3 asking if there was something that could be done about my contract. I stated that I lost my job and as such may have to move to Malta for work and the guy just flat out said there was nothing I could do except pay the remaining months (9 x €60).

Then when asked if there was someone else I could speak to he said that I was through to the cancellation dept. and any email I send will end up straight back to him and the answer would remain the same.

FML :(

Meh just don't pay, I had a €200 bill with O2 for about 6 months, all they did was send a few letters. I eventually paid when I got some unexpected money. They'd hardly follow ya to Malta anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Friends were raving about it (seeing the new trailer I think) just before we left for Xmas, so I downloaded it in 720p. First episode has some creepy blonde dude and a stunning blonde dragon chick. :D

Also, the title sequence for it is amazing.

HBO are in a league of their own when it comes to tv shows, GOT and Boardwalk Empire are fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    I was at the 94 All Ireland (Football, last time Down won).. was unbelievable, especially considering the celebrations went on for a few days afterwards back in Newry (Team returning etc) !

Was also at the 2002 final when armagh won (I live practically on the border so a lot of my mates are armagh heads !) and it was the same... really incredible atmosphere... although if you're on the losing side like we were a couple of years ago... it can be a real downer !

I'd imagine last years final would have been amazing if you were a dub.

I'll never forget seeing these pyros for the first time:

the whole arena was rumbling, and the crowd was deafening, fcuking awesome experience. :)

Got me a JOB!!! YUS :)

IPAM wrote: »
    Got me a JOB!!! YUS :)

Nice one! What is it?

Nice one! What is it?

I dunno, but he said Malta :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just wanted to say thank you to liverpool... for sucking.. and winning me money :P

Nice one! What is it?

Only bar work, but after near 10 months unepmloyed it's brilliant! In the local aswell so I'll know most the punters :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Found a tin of celebrations...................uhhhh I feel sick

I dunno, but he said Malta :pac:

I run so bad :(
    IPAM wrote: »
    Only bar work, but after near 10 months unepmloyed it's brilliant! In the local aswell so I'll know most the punters :)

Awesome! Next COD beers is on you!!!

Looking at the J1 for the summer, in two minds :(

Looking at the J1 for the summer, in two minds :(

Why the two minds? Just do it! I did a working visa in Canada an so did my brother. My sis did one in the States too. Not a bad word spoken from anyone. I'd love to do it again to be honest.

• Advertisement

Why the two minds? Just do it! I did a working visa in Canada an so did my brother. My sis did one in the States too. Not a bad word spoken from anyone. I'd love to do it again to be honest.

I'll only be 19 (and turn 20 out there) which won't make much of a difference overall but it means having to get a fake id (won't be doing) or chancing house parties. I'll have to sort it out with the 'rents cos they'll be paying for it :p

Will decide within the next few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'll only be 19 (and turn 20 out there) which won't make much of a difference overall but it means having to get a fake id (won't be doing) or chancing house parties. I'll have to sort it out with the 'rents cos they'll be paying for it :p

The drinking age in Canada is only 19 :p

My advice would be to not go to the States underage. If you plan on drinking or going to clubs etc then this will only put a downer on the whole thing. When I went to Vancouver I was only 18 and over there the legal age was 19 so I'd a few months of sitting at home having my friend pick up tins from the offo.

Also, Vancouver is the most beautiful city I've ever been too. I'd go back in an instant. Couldn't recommend the place enough.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

My advice would be to not go to the States underage. If you plan on drinking or going to clubs etc then this will only put a downer on the whole thing. When I went to Vancouver I was only 18 and over there the legal age was 19 so I'd a few months of sitting at home having my friend pick up tins from the offo.

Also, Vancouver is the most beautiful city I've ever been too. I'd go back in an instant. Couldn't recommend the place enough.

Out British Columbia way, very nice. Seen and heard about it. Looks something else. Lived in Toronto for two and a bit years of my life, was when I was only 3-5 though but I still remember a good chunk of it.

Will be in the NY again at the end of this month looking for work there for the summer and hopefully longer if possible and if anything decent pops up in Canada I'll more than like take it. Forget if it was Krudler or Headshot who said it the other day, but I need out of here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Have to revert back to the sh1tty days of underage drinking, ay?

Welcome to my world, mwahahahaha :D

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Have to revert back to the sh1tty days of underage drinking, ay?

Welcome to my world, mwahahahaha :D

Indeed :p

Though I was only a whipper-snapper like yourself underage drinking for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Indeed :p

Though I was only a whipper-snapper like yourself underage drinking for a year.

I have it all planned out; we'll find a nice field and give it a cunning nickname to use as a codeword, such as, the field! Then I'll bring the Dutch, you can bring the Bucky, and one of the local "MCs" can supply teh chunes (ie DJ Cammy and Jazzy Jay, in the mix 2k6 on repeat all night) off his Nokia 5310.

Then, after a few cheeky naggins, we'll get the shift off two respectable young women, scantily clad in their Nike training bra and Hollister yoga pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I have it all planned out; we'll find a nice field and give it a cunning nickname to use as a codeword, such as, the field! Then I'll bring the Dutch, you can bring the Bucky, and one of the local "MCs" can supply teh chunes (ie DJ Cammy and Jazzy Jay, in the mix 2k6 on repeat all night) off his Nokia 5310.

Then, after a few cheeky naggins, we'll get the shift off two respectable young women, scantily clad in their Nike training bra and Hollister yoga pants.

I'm the same age as frank and this might as well be

Ko ang lahat ng ito binalak out, kami ng magandang patlang at bigyan ito ng isang tuso palayaw sa gamitin bilang isang codeword, tulad ng, ang patlang! Pagkatapos kukunin ko na dalhin ang Olandes, maaari mong dalhin ang Bucky, at isa sa mga lokal na "MCs" supply ang chunes (ie DJ Cammy at ng diyas Jay, sa Halo ng 2k6 sa ulitin lahat ng gabi) off kanyang Nokia 5310.

Pagkatapos, pagkatapos ng ilang bastos naggins, kami makuha ang shift off dalawang kagalang-galang na batang babae, kakaunti ng armas sa kanilang bra Nike pagsasanay at Hollister yoga pantalon

:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

brilliant :D

Advertisement