Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread - 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've it preordered with Game Stop I think. Won't bother with the midnight launch, probably pick it up Tuesday morning. Off work till the Thursday so I'll get a good run at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm working all week and have plans that saturday so I have no idea where I'm gonna find the time to play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

lkionm wrote: »
    Lockie paid, like a fool. Nah your man hasn't paid rent and is going bankrupt. Good laugh.

So those 2 only have 3 more days of free stuff

Feck! I'll bring myself and half my section in tomorrow for free grub ;)

I want to buy GTA but can't afford it... Will have to wait till next year when it's cheaper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm working all week and have plans that saturday so I have no idea where I'm gonna find the time to play it :(

You sounded a bit sick last night actually

Feck! I'll bring myself and half my section in tomorrow for free grub ;)

I want to buy GTA but can't afford it... Will have to wait till next year when it's cheaper :(

Ah here, don't me making us busy.

• Advertisement

Ah here, don't me making us busy.

It'll help the day pass :)

It'll help the day pass :)

I have my charger and my phone for that.

And creeping on limericks finest

I have my charger and my phone for that.

And creeping on limericks finest

Jacinta O'Reilly and Rihanna Kelly? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any of you guys trading in your Xbox 360 for the One?

I'm reluctant to let go of the MW2/3, Black Ops (less so Black Ops 2) if I trade in - but having two consoles is plain extravagance :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    Any of you guys trading in your Xbox 360 for the One?

I'm reluctant to let go of the MW2/3, Black Ops (less so Black Ops 2) if I trade in - but having two consoles is plain extravagance :(

Won't be upgrading my system till probably early next summer but hope to be able to keep the 360 for those nights where I'm feeling nostalgic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Won't have the One till after the New year I'd say :( I'll probably keep the 360 just for Mw2 and BLOPs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

See what i did there :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I dunno what I'll do, I'll keep the 360 but it's more which of the next gen consoles I'll buy - the PS4 looks pretty tempting TBH.

Cossax wrote: »
    I dunno what I'll do, I'll keep the 360 but it's more which of the next gen consoles I'll buy - the PS4 looks pretty tempting TBH.

I'm in the same mind as you... ideally I'd like both the PS4 and the X-Bone, that will never happen though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

At the same time though, I don't wanna be a PS Wanker. :(

At the same time though, I don't wanna be a PS Wanker. :(

Just a wanker in general then? :pac:

Nooooooooooo!

Anybody being cool like me and getting GTA at 12 tonight in Limerick?

I've got in coming via Amazon tomorrow morning. Decided only today to take Wednesday off work to play it. Bit of a mexican stand-off going on here trying to negotiate the time off with my manager

I've got in coming via Amazon tomorrow morning. Decided only today to take Wednesday off work to play it. Bit of a mexican stand-off going on here trying to negotiate the time off with my manager

You only need to give 2 hours notice to call in sick, you can say it is personal and you dont need to give a reason.

If you are sick for 3 consecutive days you will need to give a doctors note and a fit to work cert but after 3 days of playing it non stop you will be a jellied malnourished mess of a man.

Managers can huff and puff about days off but they cant make you work when you are 'sick', they might know you are lying but cannot call you out on it and can only ask for a doctors note and if you do not bring one in they dont gotta pay you. You can spoof the doctor with stress and depression and how you need time off work as it is too much for you.

If you have your contract handy there should be a paragraph about sick days near the end. The above is Irish working law so no idea about the lads who take the queens shilling.

Just call in sick.

• Advertisement

You only need to give 2 hours notice to call in sick, you can say it is personal and you dont need to give a reason.

If you are sick for 3 consecutive days you will need to give a doctors note and a fit to work cert but after 3 days of playing it non stop you will be a jellied malnourished mess of a man.

Managers can huff and puff about days off but they cant make you work when you are 'sick', they might know you are lying but cannot call you out on it and can only ask for a doctors note and if you do not bring one in they dont gotta pay you. You can spoof the doctor with stress and depression and how you need time off work as it is too much for you.

If you have your contract handy there should be a paragraph about sick days near the end. The above is Irish working law so no idea about the lads who take the queens shilling.

Just call in sick.

Bit late for that now - I've already mentioned time off so the sickie will be pretty obvious. I get on well with my manager so wouldn't lie to him like that. Worse case scenario I'll play it in the evenings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Bit late for that now - I've already mentioned time off so the sickie will be pretty obvious. I get on well with my manager so wouldn't lie to him like that. Worse case scenario I'll play it in the evenings

Tell him that you've the shits - no one questions the shits.

Ah yeah, obvious but they cant do anything about it apart from bitch about you behind your back. They cant ever say it to your face or it is 'bullying'.

Probably best to only do it to gowl managers though.

I just got a text now to go work at 10 in the morning tomorrow. balls

Time off approved! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Amazon haven't dispatched mine yet the pricks.

Will just have to keep going for diamond pistols while I wait for it.

Mine dispatched about two hours ago!

Along with this beautiful collector's edition hardcover copy of the bradygames guide

31rjoffmygL._.jpg

^^^ Look at this fella, fúckin' minted I tells ya!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

See you there...

See you there...

@ Moldy: He'll be the guy wearin the big gold chain and 4 or 5 massive dogs on a leash :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Mine dispatched about two hours ago!

Along with this beautiful collector's edition hardcover copy of the bradygames guide

They haven't f**king dispatched that order either.

Advertisement