Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread - 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The ambient noise on the maps is nuts, police sirens in the distance, vending machines making noise on Express, crowd noise near C Dom on Slums, its a whole new world!

0:11sec in, the moment Eamonn started hearing sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 19,439 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just picked up the xbox one.

One question/one observation...

Q - should I keep the xbox360? My heart says yes, nostalgia etc but my brain says I will rarely play any of the games and the vast majority of the CoDs are hacked :(

Observation - f**k all people play Ghosts on it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just picked up the xbox one.

One question/one observation...

Q - should I keep the xbox360? My heart says yes, nostalgia etc but my brain says I will rarely play any of the games and the vast majority of the CoDs are hacked :(

Observation - f**k all people play Ghosts on it!!!!

I'd say yes. Games with gold are getting better and it's handy to have, even if you only use it for Netflix or sky in another room

• Advertisement

Thats a great price for them. I'd love a set of the new stealths that are 100% wireless but I cant justify 200 quid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Tempted so I can leave my X11s where they are with the 360.

Some very good reviews in there, alright, tempting!

Cossax wrote: »
    Tempted so I can leave my X11s where they are with the 360.

Some very good reviews in there, alright, tempting!

Great sound - a little tight on the head but might just need loosening up..

Great sound - a little tight on the head but might just need loosening up..

I bet you say that to all the girls

Ya durty fecker :pac:

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    I bet you say that to all the girls

Ya durty fecker :pac:

My most successful line to date...

Other than, of course, the classic

"does this formaldehyde smell funny to you?"

Frequently, in work I have to sign-off on people's work or approve a document to go out to the client.

I used to have a generic email I'd paste in to say 'Signed off' but a while back I started just pasting in this image instead with 'Approved'. No one has gotten the reference yet

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Genius

x43r0 wrote: »
    Frequently, in work I have to sign-off on people's work or approve a document to go out to the client.

I used to have a generic email I'd paste in to say 'Signed off' but a while back I started just pasting in this image instead with 'Approved'. No one has gotten the reference yet

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

Have you ever had to approve maternity leave?

may I suggest this?
    65094.jpg

Have you ever had to approve maternity leave?

may I suggest this?
    65094.jpg

No thank christ, but I'll be saving that one for if I have to

Vault Boy caters for so many needs

aKgArRQ_460s.jpg

Any good deals on Xbox Ones going around? £329 with Forza and either Fifa/GTA/AW looks the best at the moment on Amazon.

Lynx mods After Hours? ahahahaha hate that.

Does that mean we get immunity?

713021_orig.jpg

Makaveli wrote: »
    Any good deals on Xbox Ones going around? £329 with Forza and either Fifa/GTA/AW looks the best at the moment on Amazon.

check out argos, they seem to have had the best deals pretty consistently lately.

Also, there is massive reductions in some xbox one games if you buy them digitally, check out majornelson.com. you can still buy them from the website, even if you dont have the console yet, just download them when you get it.

its also possible to buy from the US marketplace pretty easily - you'll benefit from lower prices and the currency difference.

I've bought all my xbox one games this way, works out at about 42 euros a game.

if you can find someone to game share with, that'll half the price again.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Wait for the slim version that will probably be released next, or ya know do the smart thing and buy a PS4.

• Advertisement

Wait for the slim version that will probably be released next, or ya know do the smart thing and buy a PS4.

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-428.gif

check out argos, they seem to have had the best deals pretty consistently lately.

Also, there is massive reductions in some xbox one games if you buy them digitally, check out majornelson.com. you can still buy them from the website, even if you dont have the console yet, just download them when you get it.

its also possible to buy from the US marketplace pretty easily - you'll benefit from lower prices and the currency difference.

I've bought all my xbox one games this way, works out at about 42 euros a game.

if you can find someone to game share with, that'll half the price again.

How do you buy them from the website without a US address/card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

How do you buy them from the website without a US address/card?

Buy xbox money on amazon,buy game on US marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

One thing I can say about AW, it really puts pressure on the quality of the thumbsticks. All that jump boosting has made me split through my left thumbstick, new controller needed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

One thing I can say about AW, it really puts pressure on the quality of the thumbsticks. All that jump boosting has made me split through my left thumbstick, new controller needed :(

1) Pop into CEx, trade in AW for €40, pick up new controller

2) ????

3) Profit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Seridisand wrote: »
    1) Pop into CEx, trade in AW for €40, pick up new controller

2) ????

3) Profit

Yeah, no. I like AW a lot. I've bought a set of kontrol freeks to try out, if I like the feel of them and if they hold my thumbstick together, then great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Suit yourself, more profit for me!! :cool:

What happens if you try to sign into the xbox one and 360 at the same time? Does it boot you out of the one that was signed into first?

• Advertisement

What happens if you try to sign into the xbox one and 360 at the same time? Does it boot you out of the one that was signed into first?

no. you can be signed into both and everything stays fully functional on both consoles.

Advertisement