Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything Else Hip Hop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

"Crossroads" by Bone Thugs is a better song than every single of Drake's songs that he has done and he ever will do.

I was only listening to that earlier, what a brilliant song, from the music video, to the beat and lyrics it's just a solid song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Havoc says Mobb Deep are on a hiatus and confirms that he blasted Prodigy on Twitter

I honestly thought this was over but it seems to have started all over again.

He's even putting out a diss track about Prodigy on his next album. This is a ridiculous.
    Havoc previously said that his Twitter account was hacked after he allegedly posted tweets putting his Mobb Deep partner Prodigy on blast, but both later denied that there was any beef in the camp.

Now, Hav has confirmed that those tweets came directly from him and that Mobb Deep is on an indefinite break. "The tweets is crazy," he told AllHipHop.com. "And I was speaking of a standpoint of being mad, but still being truthful of how I felt - but it was just the wrong thing to do at the time."

Hav says that Mobb Deep is currently inactive and that the truth will come out regarding what went down between him and Prodigy.

"Right now Mobb Deep is on hiatus, indefinitely…until things get hashed out,” he said. “Eventually, the real story will come out; there’s two sides to every story. Only one has been spoken for.”

Havoc also has a diss record towards Prodigy on the way that will be featured on his upcoming solo album Thirteen.

He's an awful shíthead, seriously. What an immature and poxy thing to do to the man that was alongside him in their rise to fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Have lost alot of respect for both Prodigy and Havoc but more so Havoc obviously. These two guys are really embarrassing themselves with this stuff. Like twitter and Mobb Deep shouldn't be in the same sentence. They're not selling any CD's anymore and are relying on the 90's to even stay somewhat relevant now. And how the hell will a diss track 'hash' everything out. For gods sake I hope P doesn't respond on wax. They can't write for death anymore. It'll be just pure embarrassing. I'm really interested in the whole truth though. Eventhough I forgot about this after they denied it I still was adamant something was up. I remember Cormega was talking up about Mobb Deep in the 90's and how he owed them so much and everythin. Why would a guy who is very close to the two say something like that unless he knew the 'truth'? And NORE confirming the audio was Hav then denying it was by saying he did it for a laugh is a horrible excuse. Honestly this is sad day. Alot worse than when the tweets went out. The Infamous is probably my favourite album period but I've lost alot of respect for these two guys. It's crazy how things change though. I always knew P didn't mess with Havoc as much as before but they'd be the last duo you'd think of breaking up like that. Eh whatever. We've got the best they got to offer for life and I don't care really anymore.

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Have lost alot of respect for both Prodigy and Havoc but more so Havoc obviously. These two guys are really embarrassing themselves with this stuff. Like twitter and Mobb Deep shouldn't be in the same sentence. They're not selling any CD's anymore and are relying on the 90's to even stay somewhat relevant now. And how the hell will a diss track 'hash' everything out. For gods sake I hope P doesn't respond on wax. They can't write for death anymore. It'll be just pure embarrassing. I'm really interested in the whole truth though. Eventhough I forgot about this after they denied it I still was adamant something was up. I remember Cormega was talking up about Mobb Deep in the 90's and how he owed them so much and everythin. Why would a guy who is very close to the two say something like that unless he knew the 'truth'? And NORE confirming the audio was Hav then denying it was by saying he did it for a laugh is a horrible excuse. Honestly this is sad day. Alot worse than when the tweets went out. The Infamous is probably my favourite album period but I've lost alot of respect for these two guys. It's crazy how things change though. I always knew P didn't mess with Havoc as much as before but they'd be the last duo you'd think of breaking up like that. Eh whatever. We've got the best they got to offer for life and I don't care really anymore.

why have you lost respect for prodigy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

shame about mobb deep, there black cocaine lp a few months back was pretty good.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    why have you lost respect for prodigy?

Why have I lost respect for Prodigy? Well really it's one of them two of them. In fairness although P is the more innocent of the two here he's still guilty of obviously setting Havoc off about something...he too denied the whole beef back when it surfaced and even posed for a photo at the Knicks game. Why would you do that with the guy who has called you gay and basically made a joke out of P's whole 90's persona. And remember P felt like a don by claiming it was a plan to get publicity and all that. I would really have no problem with that but seeing now it looks that he was lying there too I damn right have lost respect for him. Coming from the guy who infamously (no pun intended) spat 'I got you stuck off the realness' this sounds anything but 'real'. I couldn't give a damn if P is gay. In a way it might be a good thing for Hip Hop although he could be labelled a complete phony because of it. But c'mon the guy is nearly as bad as Havoc in this. I'd rather he would have told the truth on day 1 and just let the fans know whats up instead of dragging this out for way too long. I know Havoc is the cause of re igniting this but as I said above both parties are in the wrong here. This very well could be another stunt by them. I find it a little too ironic that this has re surfaced a few weeks after Prodigys album dropped and just before Havoc's album is dropping. If that right there is true I'm sorry but literally f*ck the pair of them. The Infamous is my favourite album period but I would have no time for people who're desperate for some limelight and don't deserve it and try to get it in sick twisted ways. But yeah I've lost respect for P for his whole part in this saga. Plain and simple.

I think there are a few Breaking Bad fans on here, so I said I'd post this t-shirt design. It's pretty brilliant. Everyone should know where they got the inspiration for it from.

Only €17 as well. I think I might invest in it.

fig,white,mens,ffffff.jpg

http://www.redbubble.com/people/lukeshirt/works/7997964-breaking-bad-mr-white-the-cook?body_color=white&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&size=medium&style=mens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Snoop has undergone a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. His new name is Snoop Lion. I'm not kidding.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/snoop-no-longer-a-dogg-now-a-lion/story-e6frfn09-1226439599529

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Masked Man wrote: »
    Snoop has undergone a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. His new name is Snoop Lion. I'm not kidding.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/snoop-no-longer-a-dogg-now-a-lion/story-e6frfn09-1226439599529

There is a documentary coming out about this as well about his time in Jamaica.
    From what I've seen so far, it looks great, and is getting great reviews.
    Not sure about the music that has been released so far, I haven't paid much attention to it yet but it will be interesting to hear.
    He basically didn't want to record another rap album because he is sick of it.

• Advertisement

He has a reggae song doing the rounds ATM which is awful. He's retirement from rap is probably a good thing going by his stuff in recent years, his legacy can't be tarnished anymore than it is from doing those pop and dance songs.

Publicity stunt if you ask me though, snoop doggy dog to snoop dogg now snoop lion ! He's nearly as bad as Puff daddy I mean p diddy or was it diddy ? :D

Exclusive never seen before footage of Eminem laughing. It's around the 2:50 mark in this video.

dont know if there's any documentary heads here but there's a documentary called selling drugs for money coming soon with some hip hop lads ft the real rick ross, 50 cent and eminem for some reason (didnt think he was involved in that trade)

Is that actually real?

If it is I'm surprised that it's being released. The last thing people, like Em and Fiddy, should be doing is glamorising drugs. They did enough of that in their music back in the day. I thought they'd grown out of that nonsense.

Is that actually real?

If it is I'm surprised that it's being released. The last thing people, like Em and Fiddy, should be doing is glamorising drugs. They did enough of that in their music back in the day. I thought they'd grown out of that nonsense.

i dont think there glamorizing drugs, i say its more there experience in dealing them and the effects it had on their lives.

i dont think there glamorizing drugs, i say its more there experience in dealing them and the effects it had on their lives.

"If you know what to do (with 3 and half grams) then you'll be alright" - Fiddy

They may not be fully glamorising it, but the documentary definitely is. Why else would they have Freeway Rick in there saying that he was making a million dollars every day.

I wonder will they point out that he was originally sentenced to life in prison for trying to purchase coke, before it was reduced to 20 years?

The voice-over guy called it an "exciting" global industry. Some of these people seem to believe all that Tony Montana bollicks.

"If you know what to do (with 3 and half grams) then you'll be alright" - Fiddy

They may not be fully glamorising it, but the documentary definitely is. Why else would they have Freeway Rick in there saying that he was making a million dollars every day.

I wonder will they point out that he was originally sentenced to life in prison for trying to purchase coke, before it was reduced to 20 years?

The voice-over guy called it an "exciting" global industry. Some of these people seem to believe all that Tony Montana bollicks.

It's a very harsh reality, there's people out making truck loads and getting away it. Iv seen enough drug docs on addicts with the polices side of things etc Ross kemp style docs.

I'm sure theyll explain freeway ricky Ross's story, it was only a trailer in fairness. As long as its interesting il watch it and tbh it looks alright IMO.

It's a way of life though infact nearly a culture , look how much influence the drug trade has over hip hop, entertainment etc. Selling drugs is some people's Only chance of survival in countries like America in the slums.

I'm sure there going to go into how the drugs and guns get there in the first place but that's opening up a whole differnt can of worms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I think there are a few Breaking Bad fans on here, so I said I'd post this t-shirt design. It's pretty brilliant. Everyone should know where they got the inspiration for it from.

Only €17 as well. I think I might invest in it.

fig,white,mens,ffffff.jpg

http://www.redbubble.com/people/lukeshirt/works/7997964-breaking-bad-mr-white-the-cook?body_color=white&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&size=medium&style=mens

Thats great,i'm ordering a hoody! thanks for the link.

It's a very harsh reality, there's people out making truck loads and getting away it. Iv seen enough drug docs on addicts with the polices side of things etc Ross kemp style docs.

I'm sure theyll explain freeway ricky Ross's story, it was only a trailer in fairness. As long as its interesting il watch it and tbh it looks alright IMO.

It's a way of life though infact nearly a culture , look how much influence the drug trade has over hip hop, entertainment etc. Selling drugs is some people's Only chance of survival in countries like America in the slums.

I'm sure there going to go into how the drugs and guns get there in the first place but that's opening up a whole differnt can of worms.

I'll hold my opinion until I see the final thing. Hopefully they show both sides to the story.

• Advertisement

This is the 3rd highest viewed video on Youtube featuring The Roots.

I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. At least it introduces more people to them I suppose.

The video itself is great. Questlove is playing a guiro with his afro pick. The dude in the back left is brilliant, just bobbing his head from side to side.

Has anyone heard of a guy called The Last Emperor?

The Expert linked to some of his music on Twitter just there and I gave a listen. It's pretty nice stuff. Had a search for him and he seems to be a bit of an underground legend. Supposedly it's next to impossible to find his music. He was signed to Aftermath and was Dre's protégé but left because Dre started working with Eminem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He was signed to Aftermath and was Dre's protégé but left because Dre started working with Eminem.

Heard of one of his songs, never knew he was Dres protege. Dre has gone through a lot of proteges.

The Last Emperor is brilliant. Music, Magic, Myth is my favourite album by him. I'm on my phone atm so I can't embed youtube links but check out the songs 'One Life', 'Secret Wars (crazy good concept track)' and 'Meditation' if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Speaking of Dr Dre proteges, whatever happened to Hittman? Does he have any material out?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Last Emporer is a hero. This is the best song from 2010 hands down.

All his albums are solid.

• Advertisement

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Speaking of Dr Dre proteges, whatever happened to Hittman? Does he have any material out?

Last thing I heard about hittman was Game asking people to not stop him and ask him about hittman.

Last thing I heard about hittman was Game asking people to not stop him and ask him about hittman.

Haha brilliant! :D

speaking of former dre proteges is right... one of my favourites bishop lamont released a video today for dont stop... proper westcoast feel to it

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Any thoughts on this track? Had no idea Metro Zu were working with rappers for this sort of track :P Hooked on them for a few weeks now. Denzel Curry goes hard on this :cool:

I despise more or less everything odd future do but this song is actually not that bad at all, beat is fire imo. Rapping is only average, still dont understand all the hype about them. This is the only thing they've done that I'm actually able to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

I despise more or less everything odd future do but this song is actually not that bad at all, beat is fire imo. Rapping is only average, still dont understand all the hype about them. This is the only thing they've done that I'm actually able to listen to.

Oldie is a great song :cool: I was super suprised to hear Thinking of You on the radio today. Frank Ocean has really been doing well recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUNGSC3oe4 Loving this too..

Exact same as me mate. I think I was drawn into the video for it when someone posted it here because they're having fun in it and found myself nodding my head and thinking, this ain't bad!

thats actually a class song, was this made before ocean came out or is it new?because he' says im bi in it.

That beat is some WU sh*t, quality.

The track came out before Frank did. Someone posted the track pointing out that line when the news came out.

Would be good if it was a freestyle as it is catchy and has little substance.

Would be good if it was a freestyle as it is catchy and has little substance.

Very true about the lack of substance but not even their lack of ability as rappers could take away from that beat, absolute fire. Apparently Tyler produced it, i didnt know who made their beats.

Apparently Tyler produced it

So he is not as useless as I thought. The beat does make it and the energy, but as far as lyrics go it is like a freestyle.

Here lads if ye were to get a tattoo and it'd be hip hop related...what would ye get? I'm kinda leaning towards lyrics here but anything hip hop related. I'm not getting a tattoo for a while yet but I always said I'd get at least one with some lyrics on it. I've spent hours trying to decide what lyrics I would get though. Something like Nas or One Be Lo would probably be my pick but it's so damn hard to choose what lines!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Here lads if ye were to get a tattoo and it'd be hip hop related...what would ye get? I'm kinda leaning towards lyrics here but anything hip hop related. I'm not getting a tattoo for a while yet but I always said I'd get at least one with some lyrics on it. I've spent hours trying to decide what lyrics I would get though. Something like Nas or One Be Lo would probably be my pick but it's so damn hard to choose what lines!!!

So many quotes running through my head but get the feeling none of them would be helpful :pac:

When you find a quote you want, sit on it for a while because, you know, it's going to be on you forever. I personally wouldnt go for a long extract of lyrics, just a line or something that means something.
    This is my favorite hip-hop tat on Aesop Rock:

aesoprocktat.jpg

Sage Francis also has a host of pictures of people with tats of the Lie in a Life 'Li(F)e' thing, some of which are excellent. He has a site dedicated to it which is worth looking up.

• Advertisement

I'm set to get this line by havoc from mobb deep, it means something to me but I'm just having trouble picking a location. Iv got 2 tribal designs on my back and traps and I'm not a fan of forearm tatts (no offence to any1 who has them) anyway make sure the lryics are what you want and something you can relate too.

My line is , people make mistakes but mistakes make people. Il post the song later as I'm on the phone but if the line is too long look into symbols or an Asian translation , some can look really good and be a lot shorter !

I've convinced myself that I'm not a forearm type of person either, but that's mainly because my job can be customer facing in hot climates...so not quite professional :)

But I do have an excellent design, which is not hip hop related, all ready to go, but for some reason I have started getting eczema on my leg where i've planned the design. So that's kinda screwed that up.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sage Francis also has a host of pictures of people with tats of the Lie in a Life 'Li(F)e' thing, some of which are excellent. He has a site dedicated to it which is worth looking up.

The exact thing I thought of when I read that post.

That said I would not tatoo anything on me but if I would it would be a Sage quote.

"ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME"

:p:p I'm joking, that has to be the most overused hip hop related quote ever.
    A friend of mine has a tupac quote on his bicep saying "for every dark night there's a brighter day" or something along those lines. I'm trying to convince him to get "who shot ya" on the other arm, he's not going for it.

"for every dark night there's a brighter day" or something along those lines. I'm trying to convince him to get "who shot ya" on the other arm, he's not going for it.

"That's right, I know it seem hard sometimes but remember one thing.
    Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that.
    So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out; keep your head up, and handle it"

Having "who shot ya" on your other arm would just suck imo after the first one unless you were going for polar opposites/irony.

Having "who shot ya" on your other arm would just suck imo after the first one unless you were going for polar opposites/irony.

lol it was a joke man, the lad with the tattoo is a major Pac Stan, the thoughts of him getting an alleged diss against pac tattooed on his body is laughable.

Speaking of hip hop related tattoos, on the day of the Watch the throne gig in town i walked by the whitest lad I've ever seen and he had "Thug Life" tattooed across his chest in Old English text, looked like a proper spanner. :D

lol it was a joke man, the lad with the tattoo is a major Pac Stan, the thoughts of him getting an alleged diss against pac tattooed on his body is laughable.

Speaking of hip hop related tattoos, on the day of the Watch the throne gig in town i walked by the whitest lad I've ever seen and he had "Thug Life" tattooed across his chest in Old English text, looked like a proper spanner. :D

Yeah, it seemed like a joke to me in the sense it is a completely useless quote compared to the other one I didn't even think of the context.

Yeah, Hiiipower* would be a much better tattoo as you would not look like a ghob****e for having it tattoo'd on you (that said, I would still not have a tattoo anyway)

*essentially equivalent (along with being better thought out as it can not be misconstrued by idiots) and heavily inspired by TL.

Anybody got an idea who produced this? The scratches sound like Premos work but the rest of the track sounds nothing like him.

You should def get this

351.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Andy_rse wrote: »
    You should def get this

351.jpg

This song sums up that photo nicely.

Finally Nicki Minaj is useful for something, other than her arse being a nice cockholder.

Advertisement