Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything Else Hip Hop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Floyd Mayweather is going in on 50 on Twitter right now...

"A male boxing groupie.. hold my belts because your album sales have declined http://instagr.am/p/Rjhoa1R3Vb/ "

"Hold my money **** Boy http://instagr.am/p/RjmsFWx3Yg/ "

"I respect the shooter not the one who got shot http://instagr.am/p/RjlLFMx3Xu/ "

"Men lie.. women lie numbers don't lie. Wayne, Drake, Rick Ross, Kanye please help this boy pic.twitter.com/C90vrO5q "

"SMS = Snakes Maneuver Slick"

Also mentions that he's working with Rick Ross and Young Money now

"YMCMB + Maybach Music + The Money Team collaborating on some new music."

(Mayweather and 50 were good mates up until recently for anyone that didn't know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Not that I should really care about two millionaires bitching on twitter but why have they fell out?

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Not that I should really care about two millionaires bitching on twitter but why have they fell out?

There were a lot of rumours over the last few weeks regarding the fall out, this article more or less summarises what it was all over.

http://globalgrind.com/music/breakdown-timeline-floyd-mayweather-50-cent-friends-enemies-demise-list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Does anybody know of a reliable site for lyrics? Is Rap Genius the best?

I went looking for the lyrics for "1983" by Xzibit there and some of the tripe that I found was ridiculous. The best had to be this effort. It takes talent to get so many of the words wrong.

My favourites are "I consemn" instead of "Uncle Sam" and "stritting" instead of "strength" :p.
    I had the right to sublurr, because they ache one stick
    I saw five to six million but, yo, that ain’t really ****.
    It was supposed to be different, we were supposed to write out,
    But tumach shot his girl, then shot himself in the mouth.
    Then the steady game form very soon fell apart,
    ‘cause when you just doing all, the loyalty in your heart,
    Slight catch a long hymn on all these **** forgetting where they’re coming from
    And they’re slowing down, wait a minute, what we’re running from?
    This what we’re supposed to do, here’s where we’re supposed to be,
    I hated MTV for trying to play me like a mockery.
    But that don’t bother me, I just fulfill my ****ing contract,
    Small price to pay just to take a piece of my back.
    My back, backfire, assassination of my character,
    Just demassing me in the America.
    My younger sister, Erika, just adopted a child,
    My older brother served fifteen, he made it out.
    Even though my father loved me, I ain’t seen him for a while.
    Had to fight my baby, bitch, give me my ****** now.
    ‘cause I’m running out of time and I need him to understand
    The way a superior man had build a brand
    **** talk about my taxes, had to pay, I consemn,
    I’m surviving ‘cause the lines ass crooked in the hand.

Heartbreak, disappointment, my mother died when I was nine, I just wanted to join her.
    Now I miss to join her, get to California, I got something for you to do, it was like I was annoying
    Resurrected, found my purpose, I remember being dragged, being nervous when I would kick my verses.
    I was virtually worthless, my whole life was a circus,
    I was sleeping with serpents and I thought it is worth it.
    Got a call from Paul, told me **** isn’t working,
    Exchange words, told me tell me that **** in person.
    He probably told him, and by the way did he said it on a prolijetic twisted made about him.
    I see Slim and he said he didn’t recognize me,
    Was it that or did he let another man to find me?
    I don’t know, but now I gotta get this all behind me,
    Follow my calling when I used to follow **** blindly.

I wish I had a better relationship with my uncles,
    Blood relatives I could turn to when I’m feeling trouble.
    And talk about my struggles.
    My uncle John Nail, he only put me on the phone with different females.
    And this is such a such, nephew, tell me, what’s up?
    Ain’t even ask about your man in Cali, growing up.
    ****, I drink it all and I smash the bottle,
    Self medicated numb, but imma feel it tomorrow.
    It feel like pain and sorrow was like a second skin
    But now that pain was gone I got my second win.
    Only the strong live long, you better settle in,
    I’m fighting for ever, I will never let the devil win.
    1983, that’s when my journey begins,
    I searched every word for stritting, only find it within.
    This for me and my kid, still trying to live
    Living life to the fullest ‘till I see you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I normally find Rap Genius great but that's terribly interpreted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Does anybody know of a reliable site for lyrics? Is Rap Genius the best?

I went looking for the lyrics for "1983" by Xzibit there and some of the tripe that I found was ridiculous. The best had to be this effort. It takes talent to get so many of the words wrong.

My favourites are "I consemn" instead of "Uncle Sam" and "stritting" instead of "strength" :p.

Yes, Rap Genius is the best. Easily. There or if they don't have it (they usually do) SongMeanings.

Rap genius is getting more and more rappers to contribute meanings too. They already have Nas, KL and Jay Rock and others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Must check out the meanings, sounds pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yeah the RZA contributes interpretations too, Rapgenius is a class site, i always have to look up aesop rock songs on it because he makes little or no sense otherwise

Listened to section.80 for the first time since gkmc, I still think it is better. He already has a classic debut and a very strong second album.

Hopefully black hippy actually release something proper together and the j cole album is not muck.

• Advertisement

Listened to section.80 for the first time since gkmc, I still think it is better. He already has a classic debut and a very strong second album.
    I really wish people would stop throwing that word around.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop throwing that word around.

Section.80 is. Easily. Even if it only came out recently, I don't think I am throwing the word around lightly. A modern classic. An album that will very likely be viewed as a classic if you want to get particularly pedantic.

Section 80 is a classic though, it's unreal. Also it's standing the test of time pretty good so far,something I don't think GKMC will. I honestly can't play GKMC from start to finish like I do section 80.

Like Conor said its a good/great album but its pro dominantly fueled by the hype train. Song for song it just cannot compete with section 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Might not be as raw as Section 80, but I definitely see GKMC standing up. I also don't really think the love for it is being fuelled by hype - sometimes an album just is as good as everyone thinks. It's not like people are pretending to like it for the sake of it. It's a very coherent and lyrically vivid piece of work that just gets better with every listen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On the copy of GKmC I have in the car, I've put 3 songs from Section.80 on there to fill up space.

I find myself waiting for those 3 songs to start. I initially though that its because of my familiarity with them. But after some reflection, it's not the case at all.
    It's because he raps his a$s off in them.

I find that on GKmC that he doesnt really get a grip of the mic and let rip. And on a few songs he has developed this 'pause' and the end of lines, of makes some sort of Master P uuugggh noise at the end of lines.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    On the copy of GKmC I have in the car, I've put 3 songs from Section.80 on there to fill up space.

Which three?

My three would be Rigamortis, Reagan and HiiiPower.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Which three?

My three would be Rigamortis, Reagan and HiiiPower.

2 out of 3. ADHD instead of Reagan.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    2 out of 3. ADHD instead of Reagan.

I love Reagan (the song, not the man).

Whatever it is about him he inspires some great music. Killer Mike's tune about him earlier in the year is amazing.

top 3 on section 80 would be ... spiteful chant, ronald reagan era and hii power all 3 of those are better than anything on GKMC.

i dont know if anyones heard about this but cassidy has accecpted a 100 k challenge from meek mill, meek must really think he is a top mc.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/11/cassidy-accepts-meek-mills-100000-rap-battle-challenge/

top 3 on section 80 would be ... spiteful chant, ronald reagan era and hii power all 3 of those are better than anything on GKMC.

i dont know if anyones heard about this but cassidy has accecpted a 100 k challenge from meek mill, meek must really think he is a top mc.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/11/cassidy-accepts-meek-mills-100000-rap-battle-challenge/

Hope Busta battles too, he said he might. He would do worse than Canibus. Diddy gave a winner of a battle 10k not too long ago and Drake gave 3k not too long before that. It has been huge business for the last several years.

Reagan and Thatcher both inspired great music in different ways/genres. They were terrible terrible people.

Keishas song, rigamortus and Hiipower. m.A.A.d city is the only song that can come anywhere near any of those. GKMC is still a great album though.

• Advertisement

Who would have thought 10/15 years ago that Jay-Z would be rubbing shoulders with the president of America the night before the election. Crazy to see how far he has come along. It's good to have one worldwide star in hip hop who is respected at that level. Hopefully people realise that rappers can be taken seriously, and that the likes of Tyler, the Creator and Drake and those aren't representative of all rappers.

To go from mugshots back in 1999 to photos with Obama in 2012 is pretty amazing.

jayzmug1.jpg

550228_3933601334652_1535380441_n.jpg

He also performed a few songs before Obama came out to speak. One of them was '99 Problems'.

"If you having world problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but Mitt ain't one" :D

I find that on GKmC that he doesnt really get a grip of the mic and let rip
    tbh this hits the nail on the head imo. He's always had that slight pause, its been multiplied on the album also the accent needs to be dropped. But ye he really doesnt let go on this album in a way that would grab your attention like the look out for detox song or rigamortis etc.

Jay z is in the illuminati shur why wouldnt he be rubbing shoulders with obama;)
    Good point though, all these ex cons making serious paper.

The 50 Most Stylish Rappers of All Time

LOL

Andre only made 5. Slick Rick is at 3. That eye patch is as stylish as hell.

a good version of the chris lighty tribute has hit youtube, pretty dope performance and set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Saigon as real as they come ! Can't wait to give the new album a blast. There's another great 2 interviews he done with thisis50 last week, Saigon was pretty much in g unit at one time before the shady/aftermath deal , il post the link next time I'm on the laptop.

So under-rated.. At least there's a few that keep it real he has a great point.

rcTFh.jpg

• Advertisement

Now he is just hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rcTFh.jpg
    Riggs Morales who wrote that article now works for Shady Records as an intern

supreme himself said 50 didnt have anything to do with it, it was a desperate attempt by murder inc to bring 50 down after he took out their label.

Shyne is desperate, he's trying to ressurect his career even though his opinion on lamars album imo is right. This must be real too so conor, all of a sudden that change of heart video makes sense :D.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/shyne-goes-off-on-game-says-he-ain-t-no-gangsta-rapper-news.3498.html
    Shyne speaks on what has happened between him and former friend Game, as well as other emcees that have been in his line of fire.

Shyne's "whole thing is consistency," so he says while talking to The Breakfast Club over the phone, and that's pretty accurate, 'cause he's been consistently dissing raper after rapper.

He spoke on his "consistency" and the beef which has been ignited with Game while on Power 105. "So how you go from being my biggest cheerleader, endorsing me, free Shyne, Shyne, Shyne, Shyne...to now you have this issue, that issue," Shyne said of Game's apparent turn around. When it was brought up that Kendrick is just a kid and not a gangster rapper, Shyne said, "That's like me talking about a chick, and someone step to me like 'nah, you can't talk to my sister like that," he added, "Game ain't no gangsta rapper, he's a dude with a butterfly on his a face and a tongue ring...like all that 40 Glocc, that's a joke."

Shyne continued to go off on Game, "He is inconsistent and not mentally stable, nobody would walk around and behave the way he behave if they had sense. You got kids, you making a little bit of paper, you famous...whatchu running around like you Floyd Mayweather?...You ain't gangsta, and you ain't a boxer, stop."

The conversation soon turns to Rick Ross' mixtape The Black Bar Mitzvah, claiming he's jocking him, seeing as he released "Meyer Lansky" (a song named after one of the biggest Jews in the mafia) before Rozay.

They also talk about his relationship with Diddy, and Shyne says Diddy has been apologizing. Shyne also details what happened that night in the club in 1997 with Diddy when his gun popped off.

Haha you believe every bad word said about Game, Rick Ross and Wayne but every time someone calls 50 out you jump straight in, dismissing it as nonsense :rolleyes:

Facts: Game was on a TV dating show, Ross was a correctional officer, 50 is an NYPD informant, etc. Every rapper has something they don't want people to know about them, sometimes these things are exposed, sometimes they aren't. Live with it and stop believing every word that comes out of your favourite rappers mouth. They're rarely as big or as bad as they claim to be.

Plus, if I was Shyne I'd be mad at Game too - after all, Game did say he was going to have Shyne shot, right MUFCboy? :rolleyes:

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    They're rarely as big or as bad as they claim to be.

This is my whole point. "real". It is entertainment.

Conor stop coming off like you tried to make that point , I posted that to prove a point to you that not everything you hear is the truth.

you were clearly upset just like prettyboy that game so evidently makes music with a crutch. His album track list is pathetic and backs up my original point which is the cause of the argument, the timing of it couldn't of been better.

Prettyboy no need to keep bringing up 50 either, it's nothing to do with him so enough with the emotional responses trying to turn it into 50 v his former artist.

You come across so upset about it man just relax and stop attacking people for their opinion on the game, also stop reminding us of how bad eminem and dre have fallen off when your favourite rapper has fallen off the bike a long long time ago hence reaching out for features on just about every single song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Lads you've been given enough messages from Boom Bap, just stfu and get on with it, The Game and 50 Cent are both shít, all hail the hip-hop gods of Rick Ross and Lil Wayne :pac:

That's my last reply on it , no point in going post for post against 2 solid game fans that can't accept criticism even when the evidence is on every single one of his albums including the new 1.

Kim is still alive contrary to Eminems music.

Boom Bap has been in touch with me regarding the issue so I'll just say this mess is exactly what I was trying to avoid - I simply posted the track list when it was released in the relevant thread. MUFCBoy's bitching has spilled across 3 threads now, enough is enough.

It's ridiculous that it's gotten to this point but it's the very reason I've tried to avoid involving myself in discussions related to Game in recent months. Be it about his music or his personal life, MUFCBoy evidently has a very unusual interest in The Game and clearly loves having a good bitch about him when given the opportunity (same goes for Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Young Money, etc.).

I've made my points in all the relevant threads.

Your post reported on the Lamar thread your not the only one contacted by boom bap. The only person who b*tches and gets upset here is you , il continue to post my opinions on game and the rest of your young money Heros as much as i like.

Hopefully in the future before you critise legends in em and dre ul have a look at the games situation and the rest of the music you listen to I.e drake and niki.

• Advertisement

I'm trying my best here to be as lenient aspossible.
    Quit the personal insults and let this be the end of this discussion.

PrettyBoy and mufcboy1999, if either of you respond to each other with any sort of personal insults or commentary, you will be banned.

Stumbled upon this video on Youtube. Love it. Brilliantly edited together.

That's pretty cool tbh, always taught jay z was kind of under-rated here on boards tbh the mans arguably the goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

What a fcuking dumbass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm actually amazed. What a fúcking cretin.

the video is on youtube in saying all that though if the likes of 2pac ever done this he'd be call real.

catch 22

catch 22

No. 2Pac called himself Makaveli, not Toby on some ignorant crap.

No. 2Pac called himself Machaveli, not Toby on some ignorant crap.

what are we suppose to be looking at? i taught you were on about when he pulled his gun on his accountant because he taught he was stealing from him.

I am talking about him having a swastika tattoo, I don't care about him being a criminal (bad life decisions are up to him).

• Advertisement
Advertisement