Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV Query

Options
  • 24-12-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi.

In October I purchased a 40'' UE40D6100 Samsung Smart LED TV. The sales assistant in the shop told me that it had Skype, and Skype is written all over the box. The retailer is part of a nationwide franchise.

Anyhoo, I just got the Internet set-up this week and Skype is nowhere to be seen. After a call to Samsung, my model does not apparently support Skype. I am quite annoyed since the support of Skype was one of the factors which led me to purchasing this TV, and I had no reason to believe Skype was not on it since the sales assistant told me it had Skype as well as the Skype logo being plastered all over the box.

I also purchased a rather expensive Samsung webcam to use with the television for Skype.

This probably sounds dumb but I'm not very experienced when it comes to complaining about things.
    Where can I go from here? What should I say? What rights do I have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It probably support's skype. You may still need to download the sofware from skype
    http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

Skype is updating all the time so even if it was loaded on at the time of manufacture it would be most likely out of date software by the time you purchase the t.v.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

According to Samsung Ireland's website Skype is not supported on the 6100 series only on the 6500 series and up.

You can see this when you compare the features of the 6100 v 6530

Does model number on the box match the TV set?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

slimjimmc wrote: »
    According to Samsung Ireland's website Skype is not supported on the 6100 series only on the 6500 series and up.

You can see this when you compare the features of the 6100 v 6530

Does model number on the box match the TV set?

The model number matches the box but there are Skype symbols on the box as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

where did you purchase,the fact that skype is on the box and that the sales guy said it would, you should get the tv exchanged

Advertisement