Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the weather

• 24-12-2011 8:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

what kind of weather do you think will be in the game other then dry and rain i hope they put in things like fog and snow and black ice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I have hated any f'ing fog they have put in GTA so far.I want to see everything in it's clear beautiful state just like it was meant to be seen.I especially thought the rain in GTA 4 was a complete cuntt altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Rud wrote: »
    I have hated any f'ing fog they have put in GTA so far.I want to see everything in it's clear beautiful state just like it was meant to be seen.I especially thought the rain in GTA 4 was a complete cuntt altogether
    It's supposed to be. :confused: Weather effects always make a game look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's supposed to be. :confused: Weather effects always make a game look better.

Not for me it doesn't.That's my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

From a logistics point of view, snow'd be a pain in the hole to do right. Sure, you could colour the rain effects white, but unless you're going to allow for build ups of snow on paths and roads then there really is no point. And to do the build ups of snow would be a pain to animate, because you'd have to make sure that the piles are even, and in the right places, and foot prints, and tire treads. That's a lot of work for the graphics processor to do on a game that looks the way it does in the trailer.

Think we'll see the same effects as were in GTAIV, one thing I'd like added would be a dull day. As it stands, you either have rain or sun, no real in-between state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    From a logistics point of view, snow'd be a pain in the hole to do right.
    Won't be an issue in California, the mountains may have snow but it would be permanent up there. I'd say we'll see heat haze and rarely torrential rain, maybe fog/cloud up in the mountains.

• Advertisement
Advertisement