Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Crambo 5000 or something like it?

Options
  • 24-12-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any Crambo 5000 machines available for hire for a couple of days in Ireland, in the East Kerry or thereabouts region?

Would appreciate a PM if anyone has information;)

The situation is that there are immediately about 8 large tree rootwads and connected stumps that have been lifted out of the ground. I think that they are old spruce trees (about 60 years old). Each of them weighing about 1 to 2 tons in weight.

The options that I've been looking at is to dig them in or to chop them up or to saw them up.

I've got a chainsaw that's up to the job but the chains I believe cannot cope with the degree of embedded grit etc. that is in roots. Chopping by hand is fine but I don't have the time due to other activities.

The type of maching that I'm talking about is as follows.

It's a stump muncher. Grinds up whole stumps and spits out fuel.

http://www.komptech.com/

There are links for the machine in there.

Or something that does a similar job. Basically I just want to load these things in and have left a heap of usable fire-wood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

I'll put another link in here so that persons can see what I'm looking for

http://www.komptech.com/en/products/shredding/pre-shredder-wood/crambo-mobile.htm

Click on the option for "Root Stocks"

By the way I do not have any financial interest in this company, i.e. I'm not an investor or owner or seller of services related to this type of machine but I sure would like to see if there is any for hire here in Ireland that might enable me to turn roots into timber for firing.

Advertisement