Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DOH! forgot the microsim - will christmas be ruined?

• 24-12-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

So I'm just after realizing that the iphone 4s that I bought my wife needs a microsim. She will open it tomorrow and won't be able to do anything with it... Is there anything I can do to get it working for her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

You can cut one. I cut mine - it didn't look great (edges had small debris left), but it worked. I just didn't want to wait the 2 days for a microSIM, and she probably won't either. So it'd do temporarily until you got a "factory-made" one.

It helps if you have one to match against/use as a template, but I just went for it with a ruler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

LiamN wrote: »
    You can cut one. I cut mine - it didn't look great (edges had small debris left), but it worked. I just didn't want to wait, and she probably won't either. So it'd do temporarily until you got a "factory-made" one.
    You are a saint! I'm off to give the sim a hair cut. Thanks bud. Boards rocks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Nail clippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

fleet wrote: »
    Nail clippers.

Straight edged one!

I got it working with this video:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Where are you based? I have a few Vodafone ones but am based near Ballinalsoe Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

jamesd wrote: »
    Where are you based? I have a few Vodafone ones but am based near Ballinalsoe Galway.

Great offer there fair play the Christmas sprit is a live and well in ballinalsoe!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

http://static.iphoneitalia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Schermata-2010-08-26-a-18.28.24.jpg

flip this vertically in paint, print it, cut it out and stick it to the back of your current sim card, the cut out the inside template.

10 min video in 2 sentences

Cheers all - as I said I got it sorted. She was well happy :)

Advertisement