Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small size windows OS mobile

Options
  • 24-12-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

does anybody knows if there is coming any windows phones on small size?
    small like the sony xperia mini.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I doubt it, Microsoft have minimum requirements for the specs of the phone, including ram, processor and storage type and space, these requirements are all to big for a small sized phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

its a pity, wanted to try a windows phone, they do look good but are to big

You get used to it, my windows phone is way bigger than my last phone, now that I'm used to it, my old phone feels too small instead of the windows one being too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Because of the standard specs I don't think I've seen anyone complain about the performance of Windows phones. The OS always seems snappy. I've only played with them in the shop though.

Unlike the Android phones where many phones are criticized for being slow, or screens too small if they are not top of the range dual core phones. I've only used low to mid range android phones and they can lag a bit.

Have to agree with Boston, I'd say I've over 100 apps on my phone, mostly games, and I haven't had any problems with the phone freezing or locking up. I've had one or two problems with dodgy apps, but that was the app's fault. Its well worth the extra size IMO.

• Advertisement

Hows the agenda, calendar on them? I thought that looked a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Yes there will be. The next OS update codenamed Tango (coming soon) will include a new chasis spec a 480×320 BlackBerry style design. This was one of the requirements for Nokia as they wanted to make cheaper smaller Windows Phones.

BostonB wrote: »
    Hows the agenda, calendar on them? I thought that looked a bit weak.

I just update my google calendar online and syncs to the calendar. The appointments show up on my lock screen or pop up reminders, works great. I hardly use the in built calendar at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can get calender apps anyway that allow more advanced Calender features I think but still syncs to Google Calender.

What sort of Calender/Agenda type features do you think it lacks?

Don't have one don't know. But I'll like to organise things by date, importance, category, agena, week, month, and have the current events come up on the main page. Integrates Tasks list, allows drag and drop between days colour coding of category, importance etc.

Things like that. I'm coming from a Palm PDA, then a Nokia E71

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    Don't have one don't know. But I'll like to organise things by date, importance, category, agena, week, month, and have the current events come up on the main page. Integrates Tasks list, allows drag and drop between days colour coding of category, importance etc.

Things like that. I'm coming from a Palm PDA, then a Nokia E71

It pretty much does all that and a lot more. The only thing I don't think you can do is drag and drop but its very easy to change the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

what windows phone would ye recommend? smaller the better.

i thought that 1 ghz processor would be able to run windows OS

ldr wrote: »
    what windows phone would ye recommend? smaller the better.

i thought that 1 ghz processor would be able to run windows OS

I'm using the Nokia lumia 800 at the moment and think its great. The screen size is as small as it gets 3.7inch. The phone just looks and works great, especially the cyan colour. They should be available here soon..

1Ghz is more than enough for windows phone to run buttery smooth. No lag or slow downs at all :-)

Advertisement