Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GERRY MALLON @ Tommy Tiernan Castlebar

Options
  • 24-12-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Went to see Tommy Tiernan in Castlebar last Thursday night, I'm a big fan of Tommy and I've seen him many times before but this gig was way below his usual standard, He was funny at times but overall it was disappointing by Tommys standards, No break, no encore, he just came on for about 1 hour 10mins but the reason I'm writing this is about his warm up act, His name is Gerry Mallon and he's a friend of Tommys but he was unbelievably bad, I mean really really awful.
    Only a handful of people found some of his jokes somewhat funny, I've seen this guy warming up for Tommy before and he is without doubt the most UN-FUNNY person I've ever seen, He's terrible and a complete disgrace for a comedian, Alot of people started roaring at him "Get off the stage" I'd say there were loads more who wanted to roar the same (Me included) but just held back. He roared back "**** off" at the crowd and "I don't speak Knacker" It was terrible and a complete disgrace, How is this guy still doing stand up is beyond me, The amount of people complaining about him in the hotel after the show was understandable.

The biggest cheer he got was when his mic stopped working and understandable so, After paying good money we were very disappointed with the show overall, especially Mallon. I would allow Tommy to be below par probably cause I'm such a fan but Gerry Mallon is a terribly UN-FUNNY comedian, He's pathetic and quite disgusting he still thinks he's 18, Why and how is this guy still doing stand-up can someone please tell me, He's the biggest joke of the whole night and if anyone is going to see Tommys gigs then I'd be an hour late as you'll save yourself a hour of life for more important things (like watching paint dry or the like)
    Just a heads up...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I'd never heard of Gerry so i went and googled him.. First link that came up was this one. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055501570
    Clearly several people share your opinion of his.

Lets just hope Tommy reads boards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Gerry is Tommys manager and is a bit of an Irish comedy legend especially in Galway where he is basically Mr.Comedy and responsible for great comedy nights in the GPO and Cuba down throughout the years,he is also the main man behind this new Galway comedy fest thing.

The thing about Gerry though is he will never claim to be a stand up comedian,he does a little warm up and a good bit of MCing - he will be the first to admit he's not 'funny',but he is a funny guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

tossy wrote: »
    Gerry is Tommys manager

Not according to Tommy's website he isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Sorry im a little out of touch,probably 'road' manager would be a better title?

Anyway the guy is a bit of an Irish comedy legend and i wouldn't hear a bad word said 'agin' him,especially on this forum which is basically the FIFA of Irish stand up comedy i.e out of touch (says me 10 years out of the game :)) and way off the ball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

tossy wrote: »
    the guy is a bit of an Irish comedy legend

In what decade was this then because I've seen him over the years and I've never seen a more un-funny person,
    The amount of people roaring at him to get off the stage was frightening and the hotel after were all complaining about his terrible performance,
    He's pathetic, I know I was there, It was terrible..

Yr name isn't Gerry is it...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Gerry Mallon is a big name in comedy in Galway because he was behind the comedy club in cuba (and associated with the comedy club in roisin at one stage afaik)
    I used to go to cuba all the time and got to know alot of the regular comedy goers, none of us liked him and he insulted so many people over the years making very inappropriate jokes at inappropriate times, i dont know anyone who ever thought he was funny
    my personal bug bear was "we will now take 10 1 min intervals" he said it every fe*king week, drove me insane!

Advertisement