Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4S availebility in Cork apple store

• 24-12-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello,
    Is there any Iphone 4S in Cork premium apple store ?
    (They are not answering the phone)
    Interesting facts : O2 Ireland will not sell any Iphone 4S in shops until mid January.
    Three Ireland doesn´t know how to unlock the Iphone 4S they are selling. Their unlock policy is : In 10 working days You will get activation code. Then in 14 working days We will unlock Your Iphone 4S. Basically all Ireland phone companies are waiting for UltraSn0w or Pwnage Tool to release the Unlock :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

allsam18 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Interesting facts : O2 Ireland will not sell any Iphone 4S in shops until mid January.
    Three Ireland doesn´t know how to unlock the Iphone 4S they are selling. Their unlock policy is : In 10 working days You will get activation code. Then in 14 working days We will unlock Your Iphone 4S. Basically all Ireland phone companies are waiting for UltraSn0w or Pwnage Tool to release the Unlock :)

Do you mean CompuB? They don't sell phones, AFAIK. 3 know exactly how to unlock iPhones, you just need to top up by €130 on top of the phone price.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭allsam18

I mean the only official apple store in Ireland in Cork.
    I was in Three Clonmel and they said it could take one month to unlock it, and that they never did it with 4S and that they dont know how is it working. They can unlock Iphone 4 straight away(because there is UltraSn0w out) but they need one month to unlock 4S. I am just saying that apple store is the only way to go for unlocked Iphone 4S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there are no official apple stores in the republic of ireland, closest one is in Belfast

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I was in Three Clonmel and they said it could take one month to unlock it, and that they never did it with 4S and that they dont know how is it working. They can unlock Iphone 4 straight away(because there is UltraSn0w out) but they need one month to unlock 4S. I am just saying that apple store is the only way to go for unlocked Iphone 4S.

There is no official Apple store in Cork, just the online one. The official carriers get the unlocks through Apple, not Ultrasnow. It is the same procedure for the 4s as it as for the 4, 3Gs and 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

UltraSn0w is an unofficial hack tool that is not endorsed by Apple or any carrier and is frowned upon by both. Technically you void your warranty by jailbreaking your iphone, but you can get round this by restoring it to stock iOS.

It is therefore very unlikely you were told by Three that they unlock your phone with UltraSn0w. The official and only legitimate way to unlock your phone is at the carriers behest, who send a request to Apple in California who then push an update over the internet which unlocks your phone after you restore it in iTunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I think the staff were taking the piss ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Hello,

That's ridiculous, no carrier uses ultrasn0w to unlock.
    Any carrier can request an unlock on any iPhone model from apple.
    The unlocks are then received through iTunes
    Most carriers will not request the unlock for you until you have spent a certain amount of money with them.
    If you want an unlocked 4s why not buy from apple.ie?

Advertisement