Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory/motherbaord issues

Options
  • 24-12-2011 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

For Christmas I've bought all the parts for a new rig from hardwareversand, i've built it this evening but I'm running into some issues.

mobo: ASrock z68 pro3
    RAM : 8gb gskill ripjaws (f3-8500cl7d-8gbrl)

The system will not boot normally for me unless I have one (either one, have used both and they work the same) in one of the white dimm slots on my board.

I've tried both dimms in every single slot, and I've tried even variation of combination there is, it will only boot (power, and the asrock splash screen) with one dimm in one of the white slots.

I've ran mem-test and there are no errors on either dimm (I had to run it twice, once for each dimm in the one working slot.)

Does anyone have anymore troubleshooting advice for me? I feel like I've hit a brick wall and dont know what to do from here. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eogcloud

Update:

The system will now boot with ooposite slots, in single channel. but it will still not boot in dual-channel.

With windows loaded, the system will not detect a discrete graphics card either, I've a 560ti added and plugged in with two dimms running in single channel and no matter what I seem to do it wont detect the card.

Is the graphics card and ram problems enough evidence to diagnose it as a faulty mobo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Have you installed the drivers for the graphics card, or is it just detecting nothing at all?

I attempted to install them but they wont as no Nvidia hardware is detected in the system. The card doesnt show up under device manager either.

Advertisement