Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Chistmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We appreciate it Doom :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Dont worry guys i've learnt my lesson

I won't taunt....
    Except when my character taunts quickly rather than taking 2 weeks to taunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Or you could stop costing yourself games by not acting like a confident douchebag by not taunting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Xinkai wrote: »
    Or you could stop costing yourself games by not acting like a confident douchebag by not taunting :)

Nutrient almost cost the final round played at Eirtakon with a Cap taunt. I think it's what drove me to rush down his Haggar though, so it helped him in the end?

I suppose taunts have their place. I like to taunt if I have no chance of winning with "00" left on the timer, for example.

And I already commented about the video on YouTube, but I'd swiftly repeat myself. These were a fantastic insight into how much you guys actually do and how involved you get on the beat'em up scene.

As for assistance regarding videos, I could be of some help next time since I'm always editing up videos every day anyway. Better for me to help with a bigger cause than upload countless UMvC3 vids.

Xinkai wrote: »
    Theres no disrespect in any of my taunts though. i like how it spices up a match. Also lythero has it. i like taunting with hakumen because like lythero puts it someone will usually get mind crushed and end up hitting a yukikaze right after it. the taunt isnt a "youre ****". button to me. its a "come at me bro" button.

:) then they come at me...bro. but i dont think it helps when Valk arranges his dairy of things to do when hes doing it :(. all in all i find it fun when i get beat then. mindgames y u no work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Theres no disrespect in any of my taunts though. i like how it spices up a match. Also lythero has it. i like taunting with hakumen because like lythero puts it someone will usually get mind crushed and end up hitting a yukikaze right after it. the taunt isnt a "youre ****". button to me. its a "come at me bro" button.

Taunting a 13 year old does not spice up a match or make it look like you're saying come at me.

It makes you look like a dick.

EDIT: If you ARE going to to continue to be that person though, you could at least take a page out of myself or Cobelcog's book and learn to taunt safely. I'd often throw on the sunglasses after a backthrow and the majority of people don't realise I'm using it to mask a downback charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

You taunt & win - gdlk

You taunt & lose - you just gotta take it that you are a spanner scrub.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    You taunt & win - gdlk

I dunno, it depends on the circumstance. If you taunt when you're at an obvious advantage that appears un-winnable by the opponent, that will likely make you look like a french showerbag regardless if you win or lose. If you're at a serious disadvantage and taunt, however, then that's pretty hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man, we ran a lot of events this year. GGs guys.

I'll start making notes of any interesting things that happen and associated videos from Tempests and whatnot throughout this year. If anyone who runs an event does likewise it should hopefully make these winter wrap up videos easier to produce.

Cheers again by the way, DooM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

:) then they come at me...bro. but i dont think it helps when Valk arranges his dairy of things to do when hes doing it :(. all in all i find it fun when i get beat then. mindgames y u no work

I don't think there's a single person who falls for that against a Hakumen. Though you can taunt safely in the void after cutting a projectile, which I have done many a time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

kinda wish there was a taunt button in mk(instead of stance change)
    atm id consider quan chi's boost and kabal's xray a taunt though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Theres no disrespect in any of my taunts though.

You don't get to decide whether your actions are disrespectful or not, the person you're taunting does.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

At least taunts in 3S do something.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You don't get to decide whether your actions are disrespectful or not, the person you're taunting does.

Well dreddys got a point. *shrug*. Well maybe i'll just ask the person if I can press the taunt button next time before a match begins. Then again i forget how serious people take the match unlike me. Well sorry
    Taunting a 13 year old does not spice up a match or make it look like you're saying come at me

if i have to highlight what i said there it was "Lol look phoenix is dead. geez why am i holding my arms out. thats a crouching medium. oh god ow"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »

I agree but would have to disagree when playing 3s, obviously taunting out of the blue of course still adheres to this statement but post super taunting etc with Ken, or with Yun, you can get a full taunt off after some GJ combos against certain characters, that's all practical and not meant to be disrespectful :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

You be amazed how often taunt gets people to do stupid sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Ramza wrote: »
    you can get a full taunt off after some GJ combos against certain characters, that's all practical and not meant to be disrespectful :)

Doing something because you can doesn't makes it practical, it makes it doable.

Awesome set of videos, great work you do doom. i will show them to my friends as i personally get a feeling of community of them which is very cool.

albel nox wrote: »
    Doing something because you can doesn't makes it practical, it makes it doable.

Awesome set of videos, great work you do doom. i will show them to my friends as i personally get a feeling of community of them which is very cool.

Cheers for the compliments :)

It is practical in general in 3S- characters get stat boosts and the like from taunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Cheers for the compliments :)

It is practical in general in 3S- characters get stat boosts and the like from taunting.

Oh okay. Apologies.

This is turning into a taunt thread D:

I demand we discuss what are everyone's favourite/most annoying/interesting taunts... Though I doubt it should be here, where everyone's supposed to be bragging about how cool the videos make the community look now that the year is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Urien's taunt since it's unblockable ;) and can be used to setup mad ****

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm surprised Xinkai hasn't posted yet.

dantheman.jpg

I created a playlist for the year in review vids for convenience.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNnck0sQjY&list=PLCE3E0523BF7BA5E9&feature=plpp_play_all
    (assuming I did it right)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I created a playlist for the year in review vids for convenience.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNnck0sQjY&list=PLCE3E0523BF7BA5E9&feature=plpp_play_all
    (assuming I did it right)

That worked, but you could have used the one Doom made at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1BD2F4BCC1C4C838&feature=plcp

PPC wrote: »
    That worked, but you could have used the one Doom made at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1BD2F4BCC1C4C838&feature=plcp

I was being nice in not mentioning it seeing as e went to all the trouble :)

I hate you guys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I haven't watched these yet Doom because they will require rapt attention, but I'm looking forward to them when I get a chance.

Regarding taunts: I do taunt sometimes. Maybe it's a bad habit picked up as a Smash Bros player (waiting for dead players to respawn) .

Generally I'll taunt if:

(1) The outcome of the match is unalterable (massive HP difference seconds before a Marvel or BB timeout) regardless of whether I'm winning or losing.

(2) If I'm not taking the game very seriously.
    I did this at Dragonslayers SSFIVAE against a guy who was doing a lot of wake-up Raging Demons. I don't think I had a punish after jumping over him due to losing charge, so I just taunted as he floated away from me. That may have been in bad taste though.

(3) If something funny happens in an online match; as a form of communication.

So you might see me taunt at a DOC, but not at an Inferno.

(3) If something funny happens in an online match; as a form of communication.

Oh yeah, this too is a perfect time to taunt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Spent my lunchbreak today watching your Year in Review Doom, awesome stuff, good job!

Didn't realise Lythero was the creator of the 'Phoenix Wright Reveal Trailer' he's definitely one of my new favourite people.

I'm surprisingly in most of the videos and pictures Doom used, just slightly off camera (You can see the top of my head/glasses).

No gameplay footage though, other than the FINGERLASERS video (which is "on topic" evidence of me taunting while losing).

Doom has also crushed my nerd honour by using a soundtrack I largely couldn't identify.

I got the Sonic Green hill, and Sonic and Knuckles theme, and Golden Axe, but that was it.

I recognise the fist and last song used, but can't place them. :(

All in all: a lunch hour well spent. :D

Edit: My best guess for the last song you used is the SF2 true ending, but it still doesn't sound quite right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great vids Doom, a great watch.

Best wishes for the new year guys!

Advertisement