Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up email on a tablet

Options
  • 24-12-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum but hopefully somebody can help me. Currently trying to set up email on a tablet as a Christmas present.

It's an @eircom.net email address, and I've got as far as the outgoing server settings but can't get any further. Vodafone provides our home wifi (not sure if that makes any difference)

Here's the settings I have entered:
    SMTP server: mail.vodafone.ie (got this off the home computer)
    Port: 587
    Security Type: None

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Hi,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum but hopefully somebody can help me. Currently trying to set up email on a tablet as a Christmas present.

It's an @eircom.net email address, and I've got as far as the outgoing server settings but can't get any further. Vodafone provides our home wifi (not sure if that makes any difference)

Here's the settings I have entered:
    SMTP server: mail.vodafone.ie (got this off the home computer)
    Port: 587
    Security Type: None

Thanks in advance for any help!

i thought smtp was port 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Hijpo is correct - see this link for Vodafone's SMTP (outgoing) mail server info:

http://www.vodafone.ie/iphone/help/settings/?ts=1287498976699

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thanks a million for your help, got it sorted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Teataster

Dardania wrote: »
    Hijpo is correct - see this link for Vodafone's SMTP (outgoing) mail server info:

http://www.vodafone.ie/iphone/help/settings/?ts=1287498976699

Hi there

I have the same problem but did not even get as far as you monaghanmissus "cannot connect to server"

same provider Vodafone and e-mail account with Eircom using Sony Tablet

many thanks for any assitance

Advertisement