Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's Small World Waterford connection

• 25-12-2011 3:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone saw this last week on RTE a week or so ago. I missed it but I'm just watching it now on the RTE Player now http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1127225

Basically it's about a group of people who left the South-East of Ireland and went to an Island off New Foundland and haven't really changed in a few hundred years. Some of them have mad Irish accents :p I'm sure some of ye will find it interesting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

Alot of Newfies as their called come to Waterford every year they sound like their from Wexford even their humour is very much like ours

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

next wrote: »
    Alot of Newfies as their called come to Waterford every year they sound like their from Wexford even their humour is very much like ours

You sure that's not just Wexford people up for the christmas shopping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

next wrote: »

Do they tell each other to hang their b*lls off the Clock Tower or their local tower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

st johns in newfoundland are waterford descendants, and believe it or not ice hockey started with irish fishermen playing hurling on the ice and thats where that descended from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought eveyone knew this, basically Waterford/Wexford stock (once the natives had been slaughtered of course!

• Advertisement
Advertisement