Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!

• 25-12-2011 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I need help. Serious fcuking help.

Been working solid the last few weeks, it being Christmas an' all. Too tired to buy presents 'n' sh1t.

Now, all of a sudden, Christmas is upon me, and not a present bought.

My question is: how or where can I buy and wrap pressies in the next four hours or so before everyone wakes up?

Thanks in advance. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Buy the holy delph (chalices and shit) from a priest.
    If the priest refuses to sell, cry rape*
    Pass it off as something you found in a wacky antique store; hand the loot out to relatives liberally.

*no, don't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

You'll probably find petrol stations/24 hour convenience stores open. Buy them scratchcards and put them in a card. Or phone credit. Or buy lots of sweets and chocolate. Tin foil works well if you can't find wrapping paper.

Or you can buy them stuff online. A subscription to a magazine? An album or two on Itunes? Playstation network credit? Hotel or spa gift vouchers? A website subscription?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Get some Internet deals for them. Otherwise it's leftover sweets from 24hour stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Tell them you've been really busy the last few weeks, and things were too hectic for you so you couldn't manage to get them gifts. Say you'll get them something in the sales. You could offer to to take them out to buy something they like themselves, or to deliver it to their houses.

Unless this is presents for your kids I'm sure they'll understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Thanks for the help, folks.

Fcuk it, I think I'll just tell everyone I have cancer or something.

Thanks anywyays, and merry Christmas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Give them your Tricorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You'll probably find petrol stations/24 hour convenience stores open. Buy them scratchcards and put them in a card. Or phone credit.

You've missed a trick there, Millionaire Raffle for the adults, phone credit for the kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

tescos 24hr maynooth, has everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Nah, drove past Maynooth earlier. Didn't stop. I'm goin' with the cancer excuse. Or maybe AIDS.

Should see me through to the new year. I'll think of something after then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Nah, drove past Maynooth earlier. Didn't stop. I'm goin' with the cancer excuse. Or maybe AIDS.

Should see me through to the new year. I'll think of something after then.

AIDS is a ****ty Christmas present.

• Advertisement
Advertisement