Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with asrock z68 pro3 hdmi

Options
  • 25-12-2011 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Just got the ASrock z68 Pro3 today, i dont have a vga or dvi cable but i have a hdmi cable, i have everything all connected up but there is no signal coming through the hdmi cable, anyone have any suggestions?

I quote from the manual
    " Please
    connect the HDMI_SPDIF
    connector of HDMI VGA card to
    this header. "

anyone give a little clarvoience on that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

That header is for routing sound through the card, it isn't needed to route video through the HDMI port on the card. SPDIF is an audio connector format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 azureustigris

nesf wrote: »
    That header is for routing sound through the card, it isn't needed to route video through the HDMI port on the card. SPDIF is an audio connector format.

So what do i have to do then? because im not getting any signal through the HDMI cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eogcloud

Just got the ASrock z68 Pro3 today, i dont have a vga or dvi cable but i have a hdmi cable, i have everything all connected up but there is no signal coming through the hdmi cable, anyone have any suggestions?

I quote from the manual
    " Please
    connect the HDMI_SPDIF
    connector of HDMI VGA card to
    this header. "

anyone give a little clarvoience on that?

Did you have any issues with ram on that board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 azureustigris

no the ram is supported, i still havnt got it working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

So what do i have to do then? because im not getting any signal through the HDMI cable

Sorry I don't know much else about what your problem is, I just know about about S/PDIF and so on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement