Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-sellers (Ebay,amazon,etc...)

Options
  • 25-12-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I am planning to open up an ebay store but where can I get boxes or envelopes to mail my items?

and being a complete noobie that I am...

Can someone list down the steps on how do I send my item after I packed it up?

This will really help me a lot.

Cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

you can get boxes and envelopes on ebay.
    you pack your item, go to the post office and send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

Is the post office an post?

For example if I'm sending using DHL, do I need to go to the DHL office to send it from there or can I just send it using an post?

Yes, the post office is An Post.
    Large items should be couriered generally as its much cheaper. Some couriers can collect, some can't, depends on volume.
    For small items an post is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

They all have different price structures so check them all out to see what suits. For instance GLS charge by parcel size but with fastway you just stick a sticker on and send it as long as its below 30kgs. Also try DHL, UPS etc, you can get the rates on thir websites. And also they will probably get cheaper as your volumes increase

In my limited experience (and im open to correction on this as its probably subjective) this is generally the way to go

Small things - An Post
    Medium to Large things in ireland - Fastway
    Medium to large things to europe - GLS

What are the recommended couriers for small-medium size deliveries within Europe?

and also just to clear things up, if i'm using Fastway I need to go to the Fastway post office branch to post my things from there and if I'm using GLS then I need to go to their branch to post?

• Advertisement

Fastway usually collect, GLS you can go to one of their parcel shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

If your small items are under 2kg you can use fastway on www.postplus.ie for about e8.

Go on there enter your name and details, recipients name and details, and use a laser or credit card to pay. They will then come and collect the item.

They accept items over 2kg but it costs more, so it would probably be cheaper to get their labels if doing larger items.

If selling on ebay or amazon and using a courier then make sure to request a phone number of people somewhere. Iv often waited a week for people to write back to me with a phone number after they buy something on ebay, and if you send by courier without a recipients phone number it can lead to massive delays as the courier cant get the item delivered.

Also what are you selling? will you likely have a big market in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

http://www.huntoffice.ie/post-packing.html they supply packing stuff, I have bought from them many times, great service!

Really really really great advice and answers!

A big and sincere thank you from me ! :)

Advertisement