Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Sanyo TV - switching to AV

• 25-12-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hey we have a very old sanyo TV and Im trying to switch it to scart/input mode without a remote ( cant find it).

Ive tried all the channels none are AV. Ive checked around the tv and there doesnt seem to be an AV or menu button anywhere.

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance and merry xmas!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Some TV's auto switch to AV inputs when they detect a signal start up on the input. So, if the device connected to the AV input you want to watch is on, try turning it off and then on again and the TV might switch to that input if it is the sort that does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Failing that buy a cheapy one for all remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

On any tv I've tested, that auto switch to scart only works in the RGB socket with an RGB signal.

Generally on older tvs, only one scart/av socket is true RGB. The other one looks the same, allows the same connections but is just composite and not RGB.

You'll need an RGB signal going to it to auto switch though.

Irishchick, what kind of device are you trying to connec to the tv? This whole RGB etc stuff can sound a bit confusing to those who don't know what I'm on about, but it's not really that bad.

Most devices with output an RGB signal. You just have to make sure you have the correct cable for it.

If you have a scart cable like this, it's probably RGB -

scart.jpg

Try plugging it into one scart socket and then turn your device on (while the tv is already on). If it's all RGB like I was saying, it should automatically jump to the AV station you want without a remote. If it doesn't work, try the other scart socket.

If one end of the cable looks multi coloured or has individual little connections like this (or even both ends), it's not RGB and this auto thing won't work

rgb_to_scart_cable.jpg

By the way, RGB doesn't just do things like this - the picture quality is far far better. It's the best picture quality you can get through scart tvs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My Panasonic auto switches on all AV inputs, including HDMI and scart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

cnocbui wrote: »
    My Panasonic auto switches on all AV inputs, including HDMI and scart.

If it has HDMI I assume that means it's a newish tv? An LCD or a plasma? That's going to have far better auto detect functions. My LCD auto detects all signals too.

As the OP has an old TV, I'm talking about older CRTs. None of the ones I've had auto detect componant. Only RGB. Even my fancy half tonne weight Sony Trinitron which I still have.

Maybe some do, I dunno..but all the ones I've come across don't. So if the OP can't get it to auto detect it's worth trying a full RGB setup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement