Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas Gamers!

Options
  • 25-12-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Christmas lads! Great year for games and some great arguments/threads/lulz here on the Gaming Boards.

So what did Santy bring ye??

drunk_santa.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well u Ussually get GameStop card, but this year I got from misses some gutchi ( have no idea how to spell it) parfume worth 100 quid :(.

Fecking back stabing Santa :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well u Ussually get GameStop card, but this year I got from misses some gutchi ( have no idea how to spell it) parfume worth 100 quid :(.

Fecking back stabing Santa :(

Well at least 2012's gaming will be done whilst smelling nice :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got modern warfare 3,let the good times roll :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Rayman Origins and Skyrim.

Happy Christmas everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got modern warfare 3,let the good times roll :-P

I see I wasn't alone with bad Xmas present :(

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see I wasn't alone with bad Xmas present :(

;)

haha whats wrong with it? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got nothing game related :(

So was straight onto Steam and Skyrim for €34 :pac:

Merry Christmas all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Skyrim, Rage, Shogun 2, La Noire.

Woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

These days Santa seems content with leaving me hard cash. I haven't decided what games to turn them into just yet. Although I did snag Hard Reset last night in the Steam sale with a couple of Space Marine skins that really were pretty enough to justify. Because f*ck yeah Alpha Legion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Woke up to find :

Skyrim
    Zelda 3ds 25th anniversary special edition
    Skyward sword
    Assassin creed revealations
    Sonic generations
    Dvds
    And a buddah statue under my christmas tree

Best xmas ever :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This day 19 years ago I woke to find a Sega Megadrive hooked up to the tv with the Sonic running.

Now that was the best christmas ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I assume that it was set up for you as opposed to your da playing it?

I assume that it was set up for you as opposed to your da playing it?

He had to test it worked.....and subsequently made sure all levels after the first worked too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

o1s1n wrote: »
    This day 19 years ago I woke to find a Sega Megadrive hooked up to the tv with the Sonic running.

Now that was the best christmas ever.

You mean - Santa opened your present on you !!!!! Hope you complained...

This year
    Skyrim
    Drake & Batman

This time x years ago - my brother and I were playing our shiney new CD32 - just a few days from now the news broke that Amiga were bankrupt and the meagre games we had were all we were going to get... <sniff>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Bought myself Sims 3. Already made 4 sims with it, some are modelled on real world acquaintances but no family or extended family.
    Nice game. Giving adult and old Sim characters childish personality attribute makes them too childish. That's my overly serious Irish trait kicking in ofcourse!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Super Mario 3DLand
    Tetris for the 3DS
    Child of Eden

Not a bad year in all considering I got my new iPhone earlier this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No games for me, that's the problem with having parents that can't stand videogames. Do have a wad of money though that I've been expressly told is for cothes only. Last time they told me that I came home with a PS2 so I plan on coming home with a pair of trousers suspiciously shaped like a 3DS.

Girlfriend made up for it though and got me a very hard to find wonderswan crystal and some games. She's the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I got Rage. The damn thing wont install from the disc and keeps trying to download from Steam. At 20+ GBs I'll never get to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Money from pretty much everyone... we're such an imaginative family. Still, I can spend a few quid guilt-free on the Steam sale now.

Creature wrote: »
    I got Rage. The damn thing wont install from the disc and keeps trying to download from Steam. At 20+ GBs I'll never get to play it.

Could you try run Steam in offline mode, or disable your connection for the course of the install? Might work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

3ds, ocarina of time and mario 3d :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

As those of you with 3DS' will know, I am in fact Santa, so I've brought myself a few steam games over the past few days, but beyond that nothing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sony Tablet S! :D Which im currently using! Now if only the ps store would work I could download a few games!

[size="1"]If anyone wants to check out my thread in the Playstation forum and hellp me with the store issue id really appreciate it![/size]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

W12 and Saints Row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Got PES 2012 (X360), Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. Is there no Vs. mode in the latter doesn't seem to be, i'm gutted at that. Why even take it out?
    Must play Skyrim and Portal 2 more I have them for weeks.
    My brother pre ordered a Vita for me and put down about €30 deposit, odd gift idea which I was cool with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Could you try run Steam in offline mode, or disable your connection for the course of the install? Might work.

Nah neither of those worked, kept getting an error message about steam servers being too busy. Doesn't matter anymore, it downloaded eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Santa brought me Brink.

F#** you Santa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Skyrim and Zelda Skyward Sword.

A harsh festive lesson on the absence of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got a 30 euro game voucher so gonna finish Uncharted 3 1st and trade it in with the voucher for something, dunno what yet. I'm finding Uncharted 2 much better. The action set pieces are highly epic but it is more an interactive movie than a game. Anyone know if gaame shops, gamestop, hmv etc are have sales?

• Advertisement

I know Gamestop had a big sale going the days before Xmas, mainly just the games they have dozens of copies they are trying to get rid of. GAME has a big banner on their website with "Sale now on in shops and online" so assume they are having one too.

Managed to convert the money I got yesterday with my own savings into a new Toshiba laptop, almost seems as powerful as my desktop (save the GPU......or lack of one).

Advertisement