Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Day Help :(

• 25-12-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

My son got an iPod Touch from Santy but when his brother set up his Apple ID he put his real age in and it seems to have decided that he's not old enough (which is probably true). My daughter then tried to set up an alternate ID but it won't work.

Does anybody know what we can do to get it up and running please before Christmas is ruined. First world problem I know. :)

PS: They did the reset business but it's still not working.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

My son got an iPod Touch from Santy but when his brother set up his Apple ID he put his real age in and it seems to have decided that he's not old enough (which is probably true). My daughter then tried to set up an alternate ID but it won't work.

Does anybody know what we can do to get it up and running please before Christmas is ruined. First world problem I know. :)

Try logging into the app store on a pc and edit your detail ie date of birth to be older that should work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

New email address, with new Apple ID and fake age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try going to http://appleid.apple.com and updating your account there.

Edit: Date of Birth can be changed from the Password and Security screen on the link above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thanks for the quick answers. Will start trying all your suggestions now. Happy Christmas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

I had the exact same problem,no matter what option i tryed it wouldn't accept my daughters apple id.I ended up doing a restore and update in itunes, and that solved the problem when i put 10 years on her age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Don't worry it's not a big problem, just sign out and create a new that's all. You'll get plenty of help here if you need it.

Thanks for the quick answers. Will start trying all your suggestions now. Happy Christmas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

naasrd wrote: »
    Don't worry it's not a big problem, just sign out and create a new that's all. You'll get plenty of help here if you need it.
    Thats what i tryed about 10 times and no joy,one thing about apple they sure don't make things easy sometimes:mad:

Ok, My daughter got the ID working but when she tries to connect to the iTunes Store she fills out the first time use form but then it says cannot connect to the iTunes Store please try again later. She's tried it about 50 times. Any ideas?

Is there a tv genius here by the way or should I head to the TV forum? :D Bloody electronics!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Ok, My daughter got the ID working but when she tries to connect to the iTunes Store she fills out the first time use form but then it says cannot connect to the iTunes Store please try again later. She's tried it about 50 times. Any ideas?

Is there a tv genius here by the way or should I head to the TV forum? :D Bloody electronics!!
    Try me :D

• Advertisement

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Try me :D

Thanks. Brand new Walker flat screen TV. I told the girl where I bought it that he was just using it for xBox gaming and he has a HD PVR to connect to it as well and that he wouldn't be using it for TV. She said that we just needed to connect up all the gear to it before switching it on and then switch it on and go through the installation process. We did that and it kept coming up with no channels found - not even a video/RPG channel for the xBox. So we brought it downstairs and connected it up to the Sky box thinking maybe the first installation needed to be connected to an ariel but the fecker is till bringing up no channels found. I'm ready to scream.

I also asked her did we need special cables and she said no. He has all the xBox/PVR cables but they were connected up to an old style TV.

Any help would be brilliant. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

is the xbox connected to the hdmi slot or the scart slot? and is it switched on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You don't tune it in like the good old days.

If it's a new flat screen TV, turn on your xbox and TV, and look for a "Source" button on your remote. Go through the sources (likely to be a "Comp" source or "HDMI" source, depending on what your cables are).

There'll be other channels on the remote called EXT 1,2, 3 etc. it'll come up on one of them just cycle through them and have Xbox on. It's there somewhere.

Thank you all. It turned out to be the Source button that the quickstart guide didn't mention. So it's working now for him.

Now to try and reset the iPod for the millionth time using a new email address etc. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Are you sure youre Connected to your wifi. Settings > Wifi

It's connected to the wifi. They can use Facetime (?) but they can't connect to the app store/iTunes store. The disappointment is killing him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

First thing I would do is kill the app store app and relaunch. Double click home button and then press and hold one of the apps till a red minus sign appears. Hit the red minus on the app store them relaunch it from home screen.
    If that doesn't work. So a soft reset by holding home button and sleep button for about 10 seconds.
    If that doesn't work I'd start anew! Settings > reset > erase all

They've tried all of those options... is there anything else they can try? Thanks.

You've tried to open a new account but can't complete it?

• Advertisement

SUCCESS! At long last. They soft reset it a couple of times in a row and lo and behold they suceeded. I love you all. Peace and order in restored just in time for Christmas night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Heh guys. Can anyone help. Mother in law got a new iPad for Christmas but it won't let us download apps. Says the iTunes terms an conditions have changed, press ok and then it just says stuck on the loading screen???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Great to see boardsies coming together and helping not to ruin Xmas, even helping out with the xbox and tv.

Fair play guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

wilfitz wrote: »
    Heh guys. Can anyone help. Mother in law got a new iPad for Christmas but it won't let us download apps. Says the iTunes terms an conditions have changed, press ok and then it just says stuck on the loading screen???

Read a lot of issues with itunes today and experienced 2 myself. Daughter 2 received Itouch from Santa. Tried setting up new Itunes a/c - no success ( setting up from handset ). Eventually shared the same login data from Daughter 1 account.

Initially fine. Then pear-shaped. Apps stuck at "waiting" status on download. Ended up creating new Apple ID for both of them online. Had to add credit card details but once created, removed that luxury for them both.

Maybe its just itunes overload - the day thats in in and all that. Create a new account from scratch and you should be good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Got sorted thanks lads

Advertisement