Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all Vouchers

Options
  • 25-12-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Mods feel free to move this thread if you feel its not in the right section.

Anyway I am after getting quite a few one4all vouchers this christmas and was wondering can you bundle them together and use them all in one transaction or is it only one card per transaction?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

As far as I know, you can use them all together. I've combined the paper vouchers with a card voucher before to buy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

In the shop where I work we can put them all through together :D Can't check the balance on them though which can be a pain in the butt.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I wnet into Easons this morning with a €20 on my card. Tried to make a purchase but was told it was invalid.
    Checked my balance when I got to a pc and it said there was 20 quid on the card and Easons had put through the purchase...!

So I phoned One4all and the very helpful lady told me that I'd need proof of Easons registering the purchase. So she phoned the shop in question and arranged for them to have the receipt for me and I droppen in and now have the cancellation confirmation.

It won't be until Jan 4th that the card will be re-imbursed with the €20. Helpful One4all girl said it was a mistake made by the cash till girl in the first place.

Very frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

MangoLime wrote: »
    In the shop where I work we can put them all through together :D Can't check the balance on them though which can be a pain in the butt.

What would happen if someone said there was more on the card than there actually was? Would it not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What would happen if someone said there was more on the card than there actually was? Would it not work?

Comes up as declined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They're pre-loaded, you can't take more than what is on the card so the customer's word matters nothing. The till will say something like 'Insufficient balance'.

They're more trouble than they're worth and they have the cheek to charge to extra for the privilege of using their card...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

They're more trouble than they're worth and they have the cheek to charge to extra for the privilege of using their card...

Sorry, but who charges extra?

Is it One for all charges the retailer extra ie an admin charge?

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Sorry, but who charges extra?

Is it One for all charges the retailer extra ie an admin charge?

When you purchase a €20 One4all there's an extra €2 charge on top of the 20 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

All the voucher schemes charge the retailer a commission for accepting the vouchers

The retailers are also charged for accepting credit and debit cards

It is quite expensive to operate a voucher \ giftcard scheme due to the high costs involved eg security printing , IT costs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 jesijoe

i got one these yokes for xmas worth 250 and it says it can b used as a virtual visa what exactly does that mean ,can i use it any where that accepts visa or what and how do i change it to the visa

jesijoe wrote: »
    i got one these yokes for xmas worth 250 and it says it can b used as a virtual visa what exactly does that mean ,can i use it any where that accepts visa or what and how do i change it to the visa

Sounds like the Dublin city gift card and others that work in chip-and-pin readers. The cashier will know what to do. However it is still only accepted in the shops listed, not everywhere that has a card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Sounds like the Dublin city gift card and others that work in chip-and-pin readers. The cashier will know what to do. However it is still only accepted in the shops listed, not everywhere that has a card reader.

the Dublin City gift card was great. but has now been discontinued ..I'd never buy anyone the all for 1 vouchers as not enough places accept them..unless they have a new card that works anywhere that accepts credit cards, like the Dublin City one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No you can change it into a virtual visa for a charge.

http://www.one4all.ie/virtualcard/step1.aspx

cojomo2 wrote: »
    the Dublin City gift card was great. but has now been discontinued ..I'd never buy anyone the all for 1 vouchers as not enough places accept them..unless they have a new card that works anywhere that accepts credit cards, like the Dublin City one?

Well everywhere accepts credit cards, but not everyone will sign up to a scheme that they have to pay commission on. So it would work on any till, if the till allowed it to. Dunnes for example will not accept the card- people come in saying it works like a credit card, which doesn't make a difference to their stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No you can change it into a virtual visa for a charge.

http://www.one4all.ie/virtualcard/step1.aspx

Does anyone hav a list of online stores that accept virtual visa? Would be great if Amazon accepted them.

AFAIK, they all do, it should be accepted anywhere VISA is accepted. The only issue Ican see is if they check a billing address, but usually there isnt an issue with prepaid VISA cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

if u register your one for all card to be used online can it still be accepted instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭robert2000

Went to the one for all site and then found the balance finder page it dose not work on either of my cards no idea why. The fact that shops can't tell you your balance is just crazy and very annoying. I will not be buying these for anyone in future will stick to cash as it can be spent anywhere....

Could the voucher be more than 1 year old, this is how I found mine were and had to get them re-issued.

• Advertisement

No I got them around December, but thank for the suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

robert2000 wrote: »
    The fact that shops can't tell you your balance is just crazy and very annoying.

you want every sales assistant to know the balance of your bank account / credit card? One4All cards work on the same payment technology.

Checking the balance online is EXTREMELY easy. You scratch off the grey metallic stuff on abck of card - this gives you your CVV code.

Go to one4all.ie, click "check balance" key in card number (do not use spaces) and use cvv number as your password and the balance shows up - just like that!

Its impossible for it not to work if you key in the relevant info correctly - unless there's a general fault, and if there was there'd be thousands affected and it would be well pubicised.

Or do you think you have 2 cards that both coincidently don;t work??? - I doubt it very much.

READ and UNDERSTAND instructions and follow them - instead of moaning!

I take your point in relation to the shops knowing the balance of your bank account / credit card as I had no idea how they worked.... but I did try the check balance thing long before I started "moaning" about it. I did READ and UNDERSTAND the instructions and follow them i tried it with and without the space, caps on and off nothing worked

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

robert2000 wrote: »
    I take your point in relation to the shops knowing the balance of your bank account / credit card as I had no idea how they worked.... but I did try the check balance thing long before I started "moaning" about it. I did READ and UNDERSTAND the instructions and follow them i tried it with and without the space, caps on and off nothing worked

There is a number on the back to call to check your ballance or for customer care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andyrobmurphy

does anyone know if one4all vouchers can be used to pay for car valeting? just received some but cant find any valeting companies online that accept these vouchers.

Advertisement