Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone help pls - wont turn on

• 25-12-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Morning people, Happy Christmas to ye all!!! I got the girlfriend an iPhone 4 online. Its unlocked. A sim came with it but we dont know if its meant for it. Anyway when we turn it on we cant get past a black screen with the apple logo on it. We have a normal sim but it wont fit in it. Any clues to get it up and runnig??? Cheers folks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

my hubby has one and it has no sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

power it off and on
    hold down the power button and wait for the power off button to appear, slide it off - once off power it on again

failing that plug it into itunes using the cable and try a reset

keep the faith - it will be worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

deisecelt wrote: »
    Morning people, Happy Christmas to ye all!!! I got the girlfriend an iPhone 4 online. Its unlocked. A sim came with it but we dont know if its meant for it. Anyway when we turn it on we cant get past a black screen with the apple logo on it. We have a normal sim but it wont fit in it. Any clues to get it up and runnig??? Cheers folks!!!

just do the setup at the beginning.. u need a micro sim for iphones. u could cut your normal sim into the shape of the sim card holder if u didnt get the proper sim for today.. just pop into your phone shop asap for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Thanks folks. I bought it ebay, the sellers account seems to be closed. No joy getting past the apple screen. Looks like i may have blown hundreds on a dud:( Oh well, wont loose the faith until i get it to the shop on Tues.

Try to restore it using itunes. Try DFU mode.

How to enter DFU (recovery) mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI

• Advertisement
Advertisement