Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to checkin bags online with Aerlingus.com

Options
  • 25-12-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    I booked my flight to England with lastminute.com (flying with aerlingus).
    I am now trying to pay for a checkin bag online with aerlingus.com and it won't let me. It keeps saying that my email address is wrong but it isn't. It is the same address that i used to book the flight with lastminute.com.
    It looks like that I will now have to pay double the price at the airport to checkin my bag because I cannot do it online. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, were you able to solve it.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's because the booking was made via an operator - I have similar issues when I travel for work. Our flights are booked via the travel desk and only they can update baggage/seats etc. I can still check in 24 hours in advance though.

I'd suggest waiting until online check-in opens - you should probably be able to add a bag at that stage.

Moved to Travel & Holidays
    dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lcom36

dudara wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it's because the booking was made via an operator - I have similar issues when I travel for work. Our flights are booked via the travel desk and only they can update baggage/seats etc. I can still check in 24 hours in advance though.

I'd suggest waiting until online check-in opens - you should probably be able to add a bag at that stage.

Moved to Travel & Holidays
    dudara

Thank you for the reply. I've tried checking in and adding a bag at that stage but it just says "Error baggage fees apply and it just asks me to go back to the Manage booking page.
    Ah well, there must be a problem with the aerlingus.com website today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annsie

when you book with a tour operator, they use their own email address. When the flights are confirmed, lastminute.com, for example receive the confimation and they then forward it to you. Therefore its their email address in the aerlingus system. you need to get last minute to change it to your own unless you call aerlingus and confirm what their (last minute.com) email address is and the agent can change it to your own.

Advertisement