Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone transfering numbers

• 25-12-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Got a new Iphone on O2 and need to transfer the contacts from my
    old Sony (Meteor).
    What's the easiest way to do this as it's a new sim?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

old Sony (Meteor).
    Thanks.

Options include;

1. Bring the old simcard and the new one to o2 store and they will transfer the numbers from one to the other
    2. Pen and paper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Pen and paper

Was hoping nobody would say that :cool:

No 1 looks a better alternative ;)
    Tx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

dodzy wrote: »
    old Sony (Meteor).
    Thanks.

Options include;

1. Bring the old simcard and the new one to o2 store and they will transfer the numbers from one to the other
    2. Pen and paper ;)

Use windows contacts import the numbers from the old phone and sim to the pc then transfer to iPhone

Or http://www.labnol.org/software/copy-nokia-contacts-to-iphone/20464/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Start backing your phone number to your contacts in gmail, then you can sync them over to the iphone and will always have a backup of your contacts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

Settings
    Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    Import Sim Contacts
    Have never had to use it, but i assume it works.

Whoops didn't notice your old sim card was with meteor :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

fox007 wrote: »
    Use windows contacts import the numbers from the old phone and sim to the pc then transfer to iPhone

Or http://www.labnol.org/software/copy-nokia-contacts-to-iphone/20464/

Nokia ??
    Battleflag wrote: »
    Start backing your phone number to your contacts in gmail, then you can sync them over to the iphone and will always have a backup of your contacts!

In fairness, its all work. If OP brings the sims to o2 agent, its done. Then he/she can sync to PC or cloud and thats it, backed up. Could not be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Battleflag wrote: »

Can you explain this please?? I have an iPhone and a gmail account, can I save my contacts into gmail??

Advertisement