Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to begin with Electric Guitar.

Options
  • 25-12-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

So, unexpectedly I was given an Electric Guitar for Christmas, got everything I need ready to go except I have one problem, I have no bloody clue where to start.

I play Piano, and Drums already and have been playing each of those for at least two years each so I already know I'll have to practice and won't be able to start playing super hard songs from the get go.

I'll probably go to a few lessons in January once the holiday seasons are over but for now it there any real easy to follow site (every site I look at seems so complicated and uses lots of advanced terminology). Perhaps a site that just shows all the main chords and stuff and then some basic songs that I could perhaps start playing.

Oh, and Power Chords, I know what they are but have no idea how to play them and seems every youtube video people are talking about power chords...

Thanks for any help, and Merry Christmas :)

Comments

Advertisement