Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet on my blackberry!!

Options
  • 25-12-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I duno whats wrong with it, I'm connected to my broadband but I can't use any of the internet things on it. There wee wifi symbol thing is grey and when I go into 'Manage Connections' my wifi has a blue tick on it but then at the end it has a wee white line :(
    I tried to register as well but its not sending me the message to say that it was registered.
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Me and my brother both have the exact same problem, both got blackberrys for xmas, both connected to our broadband connection put next to the box in ''manage connections'' my internet router is there but just a grey line next to it :(
    it worked for me this morning as well briefly :/

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Do ye have a BIS Plan? Wont work without one.

no what's a bis plan?
    thought wifi was free to use on blackberrys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,223 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Txt my blackberry to 50104, cost you 9.99 to get bis going, if ur not with meteor just go look on 02 and voda site for pre pay blackberry..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Look here:
    http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/balckberry/blackberry-101/setting-up-your-blackberry/

Wifi is free to use on a BlackBerry but it requires a service book to work and this service book comes from have BIS. Now you can register for 1 month to get the service book and then unregister and you'll keep it so wifi will work but having a BlackBerry without BIS hampers it's abilities a bit.

• Advertisement

What sort of activity can you do on the blackberry wifi if you dont have the BIS plan?
    can you still use whatsapp? bbm? facebook? boards? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It depends on the network but it's possible wifi wont work until you get the service books for BIS. You could register on pre pay for one months access to BIS just to get the wifi service books. Then you'll be able to access the internet browser but none of the BlackBerry apps that require BIS.

Advertisement