Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most spontaneous work done?

Options
  • 25-12-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Bit bored and got to wondering, how spontaneous have people been with their tattoo work? Obviously it's great to think things through as it's gonna be there the rest of your life and all, but sometimes the urge is just too great :P

My most spontaneous is the one on my leg, I saw on facebook that Snakebite had a cancellation and needed to fill it and decided on a piece and off I went :P so about 2-3 hours of thought? :P It's my favourite piece now :)

80_New_tattoo.jpg

My other two were a few months of thought before I got them. I apologise if there's already a thread like this :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Being an annoying perfectionist I wouldn't allow myself to get a piece out of spontaneity. Although have to admit that is really well done.

I'm still mulling over a video game montage piece. But not sure what I'd include or where it would be. See? Planning and second guessing. My two foes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

woke up to go christmas shopping a few years ago, passed parlour, walked home with tattoo

Oblivion sign?

Most most awesome. My two were more or less pretty spontaneous, but they're just stars so not much work went into them. My next one is something I have put some thought into.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

Both of my tattoos have been spontaneous to a degree...I'll have an idea in my head for a few months and then one day I'll go and get it done without thinking too much about it. So the design isn't spontaneous but the actual process of getting it done is. I have a few ideas about what I want for my next one, but when it'll happen is anyone's guess!

I love places that can take me straight away, just for the fact that I know I'll likely just talk myself out of it otherwise. Yet, for my next one I'm going to make an appointment instead of just walking in, because I realize most parlours can't accommodate me in that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The small one on my wrist was pretty spontaneous. After a quick google to make sure it actually said godzilla in Japanese I got it done the next day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Out of my 11(ish) tattoos, i gave thought to 3 or 4 of them. All the rest were just spontaneous.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

none of mine were spontaneous, when I decide on a design or an idea I wait at least 6 months befor pursuing it, just so I know that I'm certain that it's good to go. I could never just randomly decide to get one...too much of a second guesser. Bit of an oxymoron?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One of me mates was at a bike rally years ago and got in some state. Woke up with Eire tattooed on the back of his head. Not tiny writing either. Takes up the back of his head. He remembers talking about wanting a new tattoo and then just drinking more. He isn't bothered about it though. It has a story now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

I got the writing on my forearm when I went to town to buy a dress! Couldn't find one I liked so i got a tattoo instead. Funny enough I found a dress later that day :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 debreall

I don't have any tattoo on me till now. And I am thinking to have rose on my shoulder next month if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

seanybiker wrote: »
    One of me mates was at a bike rally years ago and got in some state. Woke up with Eire tattooed on the back of his head.

Sounds like a real Eire air head!

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Woke one morning a few years back and edcided I wanted a tattoo. Walking to the tattoo parlour, listening to my mp3 player and as it happened Black flag came on.
    [IMG][/img]69691275.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Sean7 wrote: »
    Woke one morning a few years back and edcided I wanted a tattoo. Walking to the tattoo parlour, listening to my mp3 player and as it happened Black flag came on.
    Thats good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I got my first because I stood inside a tattoo shop to shelter from the rain. was pretending to look at his flash on the wall till the rain eased off. he made me a cupa tea while I pretended to look at his portfolio. Then the rain stopped and I headed off, got as far as the corner then said **** it, I'll get something done. Went back in and got a klingon symbol on my arm. It was only on the way home on the bus that it dawned on me tha this **** was permament. It was all very random. Recently got it covered up when I got my sleeve done a couple of years ago. (I planned the sleeve). :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

My first one, the only one in colour, was spontaneous, got it because I wanted to get into someones pants :D

My first one, the only one in colour, was spontaneous, got it because I wanted to get into someones pants :D
    did it work??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Desperate much? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

chin_grin wrote: »
    Desperate much? pacman.gif

I know, I was 17 :rolleyes:
    Arawn wrote: »
    did it work??

Nope :(

nothing worse than having a tattoo reminding you of someone and not getting laid outta it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement