Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is skyrim actually unplayable on PS3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Taltos wrote: »
    Well - since I turned off autosave 2 hrs ago no more crashes - last two happened within 15 minutes of each other....

Just curious is this still working out for you? Mine was like politicsdude, crashing after an hour or so of play if I tried to go to a city. Has actually made me styop playing it.

If disabling autosaves seems to work then I'll be glad to get back into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Put that game down and start playing Dark souls everyone, its class

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

I've got a 70 hour save file, it's over 9MB but I barely get any slowdown, I think the new patch helped things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Just curious is this still working out for you? Mine was like politicsdude, crashing after an hour or so of play if I tried to go to a city. Has actually made me styop playing it.

If disabling autosaves seems to work then I'll be glad to get back into it!

Since then it has only crashed once....
    Playing loads though.

So what I did
    1. Deleted all my old game saves and old downloaded games - just wanted to free up space.
    2. Disabled ALL the autosaves
    3. Only play it in first person mode
    4. Save regularly manually - have forgotten once or twice.

As I said since then it has only frozen once - expect it will happen the odd time - but nothing like it did before...

Loving it - even if it is on the PS3

Since then it has only crashed once....
    Playing loads though.

So what I did
    1. Deleted all my old game saves and old downloaded games - just wanted to free up space.
    2. Disabled ALL the autosaves
    3. Only play it in first person mode
    4. Save regularly manually - have forgotten once or twice.

As I said since then it has only frozen once - expect it will happen the odd time - but nothing like it did before...

Loving it - even if it is on the PS3

Good to know. I have tons of room on my HDD so shouldn't have to delete anything. I'll definitely disable the autosave and give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!

• Advertisement

One last thing - I also removed all the old games saves especially the autosaves - not sure if this adds anything but it was the only other step I did above.

Did check to see if any were corrupt and while they were not still thought it best to do a bit of housekeeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

about 10 hours in now and my god its amazing, havent had any real problems yet, a bit of flickering in the city but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Neilos wrote: »
    It's a Bethesda game so the unfortunate truth is the gameplay will be amazing, when it works.
    You will love this game for the hours of enjoyment it will bring you but you will also hate it for the endless bugs and sometimes hilarious glitches. If you've played either of the most recent fallouts you can expect to see similar issues.

This one quote sums up all my expeirience with Bethesda games.I know everyone seems to blame the save file size but why has this not been fixed?

One last thing - I also removed all the old games saves especially the autosaves - not sure if this adds anything but it was the only other step I did above.

Did check to see if any were corrupt and while they were not still thought it best to do a bit of housekeeping.

I disabled all the autosaves and just had a crash free 2 hours of gaming!! Worked well for me. Whiterun was still pretty damn laggy, but no crash. Went to Markarth, Whiterun and Riften at various points and it didn't crash. Thanks for the tip Taltos, I'm passing it on to friends myself now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I am surprised how they can get skyrim running on the ps3 at all with only 256 mb ram. Skyrim nearly eats all of my 4GB of ram (on pc of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I am surprised how they can get skyrim running on the ps3 at all with only 256 mb ram. Skyrim nearly eats all of my 4GB of ram (on pc of course)

Gosh it'd be cool to be able to upgrade your console's RAM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Dr.Poca wrote: »

I disabled all the autosaves and just had a crash free 2 hours of gaming!! Worked well for me. Whiterun was still pretty damn laggy, but no crash. Went to Markarth, Whiterun and Riften at various points and it didn't crash. Thanks for the tip Taltos, I'm passing it on to friends myself now
    I'm 15 hours in @ level 13, one thing with skyrim I find its hard to put down. Turned into a wolf this evening, now that's cool.

King Krib wrote: »
    I'm 15 hours in @ level 13, one thing with skyrim I find its hard to put down. Turned into a wolf this evening, now that's cool.

I became a cannibal - think I would prefer the wolf - but also thinking to reverting to an old save point, eating flesh even in a game world is just a bit to out there for me :)
    Nearly at level 20 now just enjoying going off randomly and finding stuff including all the side quests - just wish I could get more TV time.

Advertisement