Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US itunes Account & Store

• 25-12-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have set up an American account for my Apple TV2 i got today, seems fine so far, I doubt I can use my Irish credit card with this though?

If not where can I buy US itunes Cards from a reliable legitimate source?

Also what is the reason irish itunes doesnt have TV shows? Any future plans to provide this feature?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi all,

I have set up an American account for my Apple TV2 i got today, seems fine so far, I doubt I can use my Irish credit card with this though?

If not where can I buy US itunes Cards from a reliable legitimate source?

Also what is the reason irish itunes doesnt have TV shows? Any future plans to provide this feature?

Cheers!

I use http://www.maximuscards.com/itempage.php?cat=6

All the time with an irish credit card you will get the code with 15-20 mins.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

fox007 wrote: »
    I use http://www.maximuscards.com/itempage.php?cat=6

All the time with an irish credit card you will get the code with 15-20 mins.

Hope that helps

Thanks il give this a try!

I managed to buy and download some TV shows from the USA itunes store. On my Apple TV2 i am logged in under my irish ID, the TV show appears in the menu but when i try play it i get a message about needing to authorise the computer.

All other media videos songs etc plays perfectly fine. Am i not able to play the TV shows unles I log into my American ID or can i smehow authorise this to play with my irish original ID?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I managed to buy and download some TV shows from the USA itunes store. On my Apple TV2 i am logged in under my irish ID, the TV show appears in the menu but when i try play it i get a message about needing to authorise the computer.

All other media videos songs etc plays perfectly fine. Am i not able to play the TV shows unles I log into my American ID or can i smehow authorise this to play with my irish original ID?

Thanks!

Just go to settings and make sure you have your region set to USA and not Ireland try that if that does not work you will have to sign in with your USA ID

fox007 wrote: »
    Just go to settings and make sure you have your region set to USA and not Ireland try that if that does not work you will have to sign in with your USA ID

Thanks figured it out!

Apple TV plays content from both addresses now, great! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement