Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Into Ennis County Clare

Options
  • 25-12-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Just wondering guys if any of you could tell me where I could find information on pre-celtic tiger immigration into Ennis County Clare and its surrounding region mainly during the periods of the 50's to the early 70's. Any information would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

I was in contact with the gardai a few months ago about something similar (immigration records for airports for that time and the person lived in Clare) and they couldn't offer any suggestions.

You might have some joy with electoral lists and electoral registers and newspapers of that era, the Clare champion etc...

The publically available birth, marriage, death index goes up to 1958. Might be useful if the person had a kid or got married.

Also the brilliant Clare library genealogy site has some databases that cover the 50s-80s time period.

Maybe a local priest might have some knowledge if you know the area and the person lived there for a while. Sometimes you can't beat the knowledge that some aul' lad has.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

I was in contact with the gardai a few months ago about something similar (immigration records for airports for that time and the person lived in Clare) and they couldn't offer any suggestions.

You might have some joy with electoral lists and electoral registers and newspapers of that era, the Clare champion etc...

The publically available birth, marriage, death index goes up to 1958. Might be useful if the person had a kid or got married.

Also the brilliant Clare library genealogy site has some databases that cover the 50s-80s time period.

Maybe a local priest might have some knowledge if you know the area and the person lived there for a while. Sometimes you can't beat the knowledge that some aul' lad has.

cheers for that, I wasn't to sure where to start :cool:

Advertisement