Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will ipod work via vodafone dongle ???????????????

• 25-12-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi all I know its late but my eldest got ipod touch and have been trying to coonect it it through home pc to net via dongle can this be done or do i need something more to enable connection thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Your dongle wont emit a wifi signal, but only receive a mobile one via sim card, so unfortunately not.

99% sure anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If you pc has wifi you can use it to create a wireless access point...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080525043606AAXsyW0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

thanks for quick replies ,im not very tech minded so please excuse me,would a wireless router solve the problem :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

VF do a docking station for their dongle that transmits a wifi signal. Handy gadget, and it means you can stick it in the part of your gaff that gets the best reception. I'm sure other providers must have a similar piece I hardware too.

VF do a docking station for their dongle that transmits a wifi signal. Handy gadget, and it means you can stick it in the part of your gaff that gets the best reception. I'm sure other providers must have a similar piece I hardware too.
    hi wayne thanks for reply is that the white box :)think i have one somewhere lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

The one I got is a little white box (about a year old now), about 100mm square and about 30mm tall. The dongle stands up in it and it works well. Well, the wifi bit of it works well, but the coverage is dodgy at times.

They also do a bigger box for home broadband which I think you can put a dongle in as a back up to the main supply of coverage. In that case the dongle provides the coverage and the box sends it out as wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

bandaancha.eu.shadow.story.5he.content.base-wifi-vodafone.591.cgvgwks2a7.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You need to have a router with an antennae, wireless LAN at home.

Btw, you didn't add enough ?????? in the title so here's more ????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ?????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? ! :D

biko wrote: »
    You need to have a router with an antennae, wireless LAN at home.

Btw, you didn't add enough ?????? in the title so here's more ????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ?????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? ! :D
    THANKS LOL if you had a 12 year old nagging you about his voucher code been scratched off ,not been able to access internet on is ipod and 4 others fighting about an xbox lol you might add them too lol thanks again :D

Advertisement