Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 month old wont sleep in cot

Options
  • 25-12-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

As it says....
    My wife has been feeding our now 15 month old on the bed since he was born.
    He's quiet happy to sleep on the bed beside her and we have to move him to the cot. Sometimes he wakes up again and the process starts again.

Most nights she comes down at 11 p, having spent the whole evening with him
    I tried putting him down tonight and as soon as I put him in his cot he cried.
    It lasted for 30 minutes until I lifted him up.

To cap it all he went asleep on me but woke up as soon as I moved away.

Has anyone any ideas ?
    I can imagine him going to school and still sleeping with us.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Oh dear, your poor wife! As your child is fairly old at this stage it will be hard to break this habit, but you just have to be persistent and consistent. A lot of people have kids this age still sleeping with them and are fine with it but if you've had enough then you will have to do the hard work. Just have a chat with your wife before you start and make sure you are both on the same page with this and both want the same thing.

Read 'The No Cry Sleep Solution' by Elizabeth Pantley - lots of ideas to help you out.

Best of luck

Advertisement