Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mower

• 25-12-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Im looking to purchase a new 9 ft mower anyone able to reccomend a make or model.I have to be able to put it on the 3 point linkage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75476155

might be some help to you. Personally cant go wrong with Krone or Kuhn. We have a Krone that does a lot of work and never one bit of bother with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mad machinery

Is it a mounted mower conditioner your after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Iwas looking for a mounted mower with no conditioner because of the extra cost.What are the Kuhn like. The GMD 700 GII looks ok.What is the frame like.Or the Krone Easycut 280.

I would go for the kuhn, dont get the cheaper select models such as a 66. Total rubbish. Better re sale value for the kuhn if you ever decide to change. A Taarup 2428 or 2628 ( latest model) is an excellant mower also. Will shave the ground when cutting grass for silage or hay.

How about the Kuhn GMD 700 GII 9'2'' model any experience.

• Advertisement

Ya great mower, cant go wrong. You going new or second hand?

I was looking at a new mower.WHat is the 3 point linkage frame like.The smaller models are not so good im told.Where is the best place to purchase do you think.I'm told all the Kuhn GMD 700 GII models have a heavy bed is that true.The catalogue says you can get aheavy bed as an option.Where can I look at a Tarrup.

The mower your talking about would have heavy bed as standard. where you based?

Limerick. Im told I will have to rake or get out my haybob cause the swath will be too wide and flat.Should be great for topping paddocks or pre-mowing for the cows if grass height is too high.

Ya you will. Grass will be in balls because of no conditioner when you use rake or haybob. Grass will wilt faster after conditioner mower.

• Advertisement

Will haybob work at all

It will but i drive a fusion during the summer. Hate to see a haybob, fine if its hay but disaster for silage. slower to bale and bales will have bad shoulders. Obviously ya wont pack as much into bales when grass isnt conditioned

Is it even worth buying a mower so as I already have a topper.

How much would contractor charge you to mow an acre?

20 euro an acre and not wasting my time. Only thing is I could pre-mow for dairy cows if grass is too high.

Wouldnt justify buying a new mower for that. try and keep on top of grass.

Im thinking your right between time and diesel and wear and tear on my MXU 100 the topper might be better for the job but having said that they are great for topping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Wouldn't go near a krone. A neighbour has a trailed 9ft easycut and has put 2 gearboxes in since buying it new 6 years ago. The mounted ones might be better, but I doubt it somehow... Good luck with whatever you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

The Krone 280 easycut is a very good mower very well balanced mower and drafts well with the ground with the centre pivot and the bed is the same as the big M II fairly well proven if u ask me! there is good designed skids on these mowers also for topping. Maybe krone was soft in the past but the new stuff seems to be goin very well.

Advertisement