Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAS -> itunes -> iphone

• 25-12-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I've my collection of tunes all on a NAS. I've a Mac book air with limited space. Is it possible to add my collection of music into itunes to be sync'd without transferring them onto the laptop?

Also, do I use playlists to decide what goes on the phone? Because the NAS music is greater in size the what the iphone can hold.

Thanks (itunes n00b)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sniipe wrote: »
    I've my collection of tunes all on a NAS. I've a Mac book air with limited space. Is it possible to add my collection of music into itunes to be sync'd without transferring them onto the laptop?

Also, do I use playlists to decide what goes on the phone? Because the NAS music is greater in size the what the iphone can hold.

Thanks (itunes n00b)

The best place to start i you're new to iTunes:

Apple Support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sniipe wrote: »

Thanks (itunes n00b)

You should be able to, make sure that iTunes library is on the NAS and that iTunes is pointing to the NAS and is managing the library.

With the phone connected, select it and and the 1st page is "summary", scroll down to "options" and select the "Sync only selected songs and videos"

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You should be able to, make sure that iTunes library is on the NAS and that iTunes is pointing to the NAS and is managing the library.

With the phone connected, select it and and the 1st page is "summary", scroll down to "options" and select the "Sync only selected songs and videos"
    yup this is the way i do it, make sure itunes is pointing to your music on the NAS box and then sync ticked songs only or whatever way you like to sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I managed to get itunes to read the files on my NAS and even transferred a few to the iphone.

But now I've added new songs to the NAS and I don't see them appear in my itunes Library. Is there a way to refresh for new content or do I have to re-import everything every time?

I also have an ITunes Server on the NAS...but I don't think I can use it to pull music from it onto the iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

did you use the iTunes "Add to Library" ?

If so, the music should be added by itunes to the NAS library ( that you have itunes pointing to) and so should be visible on itunes,

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement