Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a Sony E-reader

Options
  • 25-12-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all, I received a Sony E-Reader for xmas today. Im trying to register it and get started using it but im having trouble. To start with it doesnt seem to have Ireland as an option so im going with the UK, then when it looks for a UK postcode Im giving my friends but it comes up as an invalid postcode? Any way to register it in Ireland and just use my own address??

This is probably a very basic problem b ut its my first e-reader and im a technophobe so its a bad combination! Happy Christmas to all!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Hey

Did you get this working yet? I got one for christmas too, but it won't even start the registration process!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Just an FYI for anyone who has a similar problem in the future Try downloading it manually from:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

Or don't bother buying one, get a kindle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

StinkySocs wrote: »
    Or don't bother buying one, get a kindle!!!

Nah, just use Calibre as the software instead. The Sony is a nice device.

You don't need to buy from the Sony store just because you have their reader. There are loads of sites where you can download ePub books and use the program above to transfer them over.

Advertisement