Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want MS paint XP back!

Options
  • 26-12-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

ok, so i've replaced my xp desktop with a laptop with windows 7. windows 7 is great, don't get me wrong, but new MS paint is unbelievably meh in contrast to paint xp. Is there a safe download for XP paint on the net? or will i have to say goodbye to it completely? please help, i'm devastated without it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

johnROSS wrote: »
    ok, so i've replaced my xp desktop with a laptop with windows 7. windows 7 is great, don't get me wrong, but new MS paint is unbelievably meh in contrast to paint xp. Is there a safe download for XP paint on the net? or will i have to say goodbye to it completely? please help, i'm devastated without it.

MS paint on Windows 7 is much better IMO it has much more features like image cropping etc..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Its a bit more advanced but Paint.Net is pritty good :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

thanks yoyo, it seems good

ok, deffo not liking paint.net after all. is there a carbon copy of xp paint, in all its simplicity, out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What do you use it for?

• Advertisement

editing photos in a comical way. i also used to use it for animating stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

johnROSS wrote: »

That's easy to sort johnROSS ;)

Simply get to any XP machine and go to C:Windows\System32 & locate the file "mspaint.exe", copy it to a pendrive and move it to your Win7 laptop. It works fine on Win7 too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement