Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gatso van on christmas day,

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

seanybiker wrote: »
    Sick attack up the country earlier on today. Brother was working this morning but came down for dinner. Some seriously sick people around bud

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its obvious the man working in the van on Christmas day was only doing it for the extra pay and not to spoil the motorist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Roanmore wrote: »
    Don't want to get in to the whole issue of speed vans but you said they're a measure to catch bad driving, what's more dangerous (see below)? Speed vans will only catch one part of bad driving.

1. somebody driving at 110 kph on a straight road overtaking nobody, nobody ahead of them.

2. Somebody travelling in the middle of a non primary road at 70 kph (limit 80 kph) and meets an oncoming car.

3. somebody overtaking a slow moving car on a bend but only doing about 80 kph.

Speed vans will only catch one, the guy doing the least dangerous driving.

Speed is just one of the reasons we used to have one of the worst injury & death rates on our roads. By having the cameras, traffic crp can deal with the other poor driving. The ANPR system in traffic corps cars deals with non insurance / non tax at a rate of 5 cars a second.

Efficiency of traffic corp is at an all time high, deathas and injuries are at an all time low and car insurance is also at an all time low (€320 fully comp on 3.0l jeep this year! - for fun I got a UK quote using old Uk address and got quoted £535 on exact same basis!)

So all in all, I think combo of cameras, new technology and a better focused traffic corp have together made roads safer and insurance cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

maxer68 wrote: »
    Speed is just one of the reasons we used to have one of the worst injury & death rates on our roads. By having the cameras, traffic crp can deal with the other poor driving. The ANPR system in traffic corps cars deals with non insurance / non tax at a rate of 5 cars a second.

Efficiency of traffic corp is at an all time high, deathas and injuries are at an all time low and car insurance is also at an all time low (€320 fully comp on 3.0l jeep this year! - for fun I got a UK quote using old Uk address and got quoted £535 on exact same basis!)

So all in all, I think combo of cameras, new technology and a better focused traffic corp have together made roads safer and insurance cheaper

Here's hoping anyway. It would be great if that was the case!!

Advertisement