Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone watching Australia/India

• 26-12-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Never heard of Cowan before - looks decent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ya wouldn't miss it. Cowan has been playing well in domestic crisket and scored a hundred in a tour match before this. He looks a proper opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iamjor

bye bye Warner, first ball after the break, big wicket for India

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

General Australian Summer thread here I think:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056468405

I watched bits of the game last night alright. I had heard of Cowan but I wonder why Khawaja was getting in front of him.

At least with Zaheer fit, India have a chance. Australia can collapse..

I thought Australia did alright last night, I reckon if they put up 320 or thereabouts tonight it'll give them something to bowl at.

I haven't really watched Australia bowl since the Ashes last December/January so that'll be interesting, does anyone know if Mitchell Johnson is injured or dropped ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

iamjor wrote: »
    I thought Australia did alright last night, I reckon if they put up 320 or thereabouts tonight it'll give them something to bowl at.

I haven't really watched Australia bowl since the Ashes last December/January so that'll be interesting, does anyone know if Mitchell Johnson is injured or dropped ??

Injured, wont be back for a few months

• Advertisement

Any night owls watching the action tonight, how long will the haddin/siddle partnership last ?

ermmm i'll answer that one myself - not long, massive wicket for India

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

just starting to watch now

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

What can we expect from India tonight?? Sharma will slog for a few overs then VVS Laxman will come in and this will could be the game changer!!

Dravid and VVS need to hang around do what they do best and keep the innings ticking over ! Would love to see India bat for the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Flashdean wrote: »
    What can we expect from India tonight?? Sharma will slog for a few overs then VVS Laxman will come in and this will could be the game changer!!

Dravid and VVS need to hang around do what they do best and keep the innings ticking over ! Would love to see India bat for the day!

Both Dravid and Laxman gone in the first few overs.

• Advertisement

Another collapse in Test cricket..the standard issue South Africa-in-Durban collapse and India...58/7 this morning.

gentlemen, we are in for a very interesting 2nd innings, inexperienced cowan and warner (who i think is overated) opening for the aussies, wonder if they will hold their nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

One man will decide the fate of this test match tomoro .... His name is
    Virender Sehwag:)

booth70 wrote: »
    One man will decide the fate of this test match tomoro .... His name is
    Virender Sehwag:)

Saywhack gone:(.....India 1/20 chasing 292.....might as well go to sleep now:(

Really Dhoni's tactics to get the last two out, but especially the last wicket remain the same as ever. Puzzling. Possibly costs India the game, 74 runs.

58/2..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfx-
    Really Dhoni's tactics to get the last two out, but especially the last wicket remain the same as ever. Puzzling. Possibly costs India the game, 74 runs.

58/2..

Dhoni's a good captain on home conditions when he can manipulate his spinners but away from home generally has been awful....woudn't blame him too much given that the whole team itself have been hopeless away from home recently

That's a 5th drubbing in a row for India away from home:mad:....also the 10th innings in a row away from home that this supposedly great batting line up has failed to get past 300

Gambhir has not scored a run all year, Kohli looks out of his depth and Laxman is threading on thin ice away from home and Dhoni himself is the classic flat track bully who has never scored any test runs away from home

Another 4-0 thumping beckons I think:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Great win by Aussie.
    Enjoyed that.

....And on the other side of the world a great win for Sri Lanka

Nice to see the two most overated teams in world cricket get thumped today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

....And on the other side of the world a great win for Sri Lanka

Nice to see the two most overated teams in world cricket get thumped today:)

Well said!:D

South Africa have to stop playing at Kingsmead, terrible record since 2007 there. Lost against England in a series otherwise characterised by SA domination, SA being 6/3 there a couple of years ago and now Sri Lanka. :(

Stay at Cape Town and annihilate all comers at the fortress instead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

India so so poor with the bat once again. its so bloody frustrating to watch them outside of the subcontinent.

Back home in Cape Town, 347/3 and Kallis 159 n.o. :)

Ponting and Clarke steering Australia to a commanding first innings lead possibly

236-3 at lunch on day 2 in reply to Indias 191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Great knock by both Clarke and Ponting..but Clarks 200 runs in a day, impressive, nice to see Hussey in good touch too hes great when he gets going

Gentlemen, are we about to see Sachin's one hundreth hundred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yeah I think tonight is the night.

Yeah I think tonight is the night.

Not tonight I'm afraid......out to Clarke's bowling!!!!

Perhaps VVS will play one of those magical innings he usually does against Australia instead:)

VVS gone...just need another three hundred or so from Dhoni, Kohli, Zaheer, Ashwin, Uadav and Ishant against the new ball...

Not tonight I'm afraid......out to Clarke's bowling!!!!

Perhaps VVS will play one of those magical innings he usually does against Australia instead:)

Game Set Match Series Australia and another 4-0 hammering on the horizon

The best thing that can happen to Indian cricket now is for the ageing dinosaurs in the team to retire NOW....If we are getting hammered with all these greats in the team we might as well get hammered blooding the next generation....I hope India persevere with Kohli and bring Rohit Sharma in for the next test

• Advertisement

Ishant outperforming Kohli..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Clarke declares with himself 70 short of the world record and ends up winning the game with a day to spare... can't help but feel he'd have given himself a shot at the record if he were in the job a few more years and had won a series or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Very impressed with Clarke for his declaration, hate when tests just turn into a mission for records. Australia, winning a test series so convincingly is much better than an individual record. (Probably could have got both, but still think his professionalism was to be admired).

His putting the team ahead of himself and his personal glory is extremely admirable, and very clever as it buys him some good will from the public, media etc...

He has said himself he was getting mentally fatigued also, it remains to be seen whether he could have got it, I personally think he would have, and still gone on to win the test, but fair play to him for the declaration

kryogen wrote: »
    His putting the team ahead of himself and his personal glory is extremely admirable, and very clever as it buys him some good will from the public, media etc...

He has said himself he was getting mentally fatigued also, it remains to be seen whether he could have got it, I personally think he would have, and still gone on to win the test, but fair play to him for the declaration

I cant help but feel that if punter was in that same situation he would have gone on.

fair play to the aussies though...they seem to putting together a decent bowling outfit. It doesnt look like Mitchell Johnson will be making it back easily into the team which can only be a bad thing for the rest of the world test teams :)

As an indian fan it really is bloody frustrating watching India outside of India.
    Whatever about their bowling be weak but the the batting being so bad i dont understand how they can consistently crumble.

Friday the 13th 2012....The day Indian Cricket died

RIP

• Advertisement

Watched the entire day, the batting was a sorry sorry sight. As much as I did like the flat track bullies getting hammered, it gets repetitive very quickly.

Hard to judge the bowling, I don't feel they did much wrong. Cowan was out once (by Hotspot) and bounced in front of Tendulkar once, Warner was nearly run out, but that was it. Vinay Kumar was demolished.

So far so good by the Aussies, but wouldnt read a whole lot into it, I know its India, but India outside the sub continent, and India in general tbh, are a much poorer outfit.

Do the team the world of good though to be playing well and having success, build that winning mentality again

kryogen wrote: »
    So far so good by the Aussies, but wouldnt read a whole lot into it, I know its India, but India outside the sub continent, and India in general tbh, are a much poorer outfit.

Agree....Australia have been quite brilliant while India have been HOPELESS

Australia under Michael Clarke are by no means a finished article and are still a very vulnerable side as evidenced by the loss to NZ and the 47 all out but if they keep winning, the next Ashes can't come soon enough:)

With f*%king morons like these in charge of the BCCI I am not holding out any hope that the quality of Indian cricket will change for the good any time in the near future..............

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/CricketNews/Playing-Ranji-thinking-IPL-in-wicked-wicket-world/Article1-799106.aspx

Its no coincidence that in that very Ranji trophy final between the two best state sides in India that this article refers to, Rajasthan are 404 for 2 after 180 overs.......such is the state of Indian pitches:mad::mad:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2012/news/IPL-to-get-more-exciting/articleshow/11517725.cms

I am not blaming the IPL for all the ills of Indian cricket but no guessing where the BCCI's priorities lie right now:(

God help Indian Cricket!

Excellent displays with the bat again from the current and former captain

Clarke went for 210 and Ponting 221,really thought Ponting was gonna break the record.

Finished the day declaring on 604-7 and had India 61-2 so a good start with the ball too I guess.

India will need to perform very well in the next few sessions to salvage a draw and avoid a whitewash

• Advertisement

Nice to see Kohli finally getting some runs.....enjoyed watching him play:)
    The sooner the Indian selectors get Rohit Sharma into the test team and stick with him as well the better

Nice to see Kohli finally getting some runs.....enjoyed watching him play:)
    The sooner the Indian selectors get Rohit Sharma into the test team and stick with him as well the better

agreed. Laxman, Dravid, and unfortunetly Tendulkar need to be replaced ASAP.

but most importantly for me they need to try and get a program to develop young fast bowlers. send them to acadameys in england, australia and south africa.

no way will their fast bowling unit improve by bowling on indian wickets.

Or take the Jack Charlton over-the-border approach. Find one of the miraculous Pakistan fast bowlers that come out of thin air. With an Indian grandmother. :D

An Aamer or Asif or Sami or Cheema or Gul from somewhere..

God help Indian Cricket!

As India head to another thumping I stand corrected....Not even God can help Indian cricket:mad:.....India surely must be the worst team in world cricket now

Dear Mr.Tendulkar , Dravid , Laxman

Thanks for all the memories and for all your years of wonderful service to Indian cricket but its time for all you great gentlemen to step aside and let the younger generation take Indian cricket forward

dfx- wrote: »
    Or take the Jack Charlton over-the-border approach. Find one of the miraculous Pakistan fast bowlers that come out of thin air. With an Indian grandmother. :D

An Aamer or Asif or Sami or Cheema or Gul from somewhere..

one bowler just wont do the trick there has tro be competition between 4-5 fast bowlers.

the likes of khan and ishant sharma have no worries they can walk straight into the team even after lengthy injuries cause there is no competition for their places. thats not good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

As India head to another thumping I stand corrected....Not even God can help Indian cricket:mad:.....India surely must be the worst team in world cricket now

Dear Mr.Tendulkar , Dravid , Laxman

Thanks for all the memories and for all your years of wonderful service to Indian cricket but its time for all you great gentlemen to step aside and let the younger generation take Indian cricket forward

All well & good for them to go, it's probably time. Are there the batsmen to replace them though?

That's the problem with golden ages, they come to an end and nobody afterwards looks good by comparison.

TrueDub wrote: »
    All well & good for them to go, it's probably time. Are there the batsmen to replace them though?

Well...the only way to know whether their replacements are good enough is by playing them!!....not having them sit on their back side all tour like they have done with the likes of Rohit Sharma

Thank heavens they persisted with Kohli....would have been easy to just drop him after Sydney but he played well in the last 2 matches

My only fear is India do not play their next away test match until 2013....I have a sinking feeling these ageing stars will not retire gracefully but will instead gorge themselves again on the flat pitches in India...soon all will be forgotten and the necessary changes will not have been made

Washout wrote: »
    one bowler just wont do the trick there has tro be competition between 4-5 fast bowlers.

the likes of khan and ishant sharma have no worries they can walk straight into the team even after lengthy injuries cause there is no competition for their places. thats not good.

One might be enough to get inspiration from. Right now, there's no incentive for Indians to become fast bowlers at Test Level...no point in slogging away on flat wickets that are designed for spin.

You'd have to be some bowler to budge Zaheer though, but he needs support/a challenge.

What's the bets Raina comes in ahead of Rohit for VVS :pac:

Indian media already reporting Dravid's imminent retirement.....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-australia/top-stories/Rahul-Dravid-likely-to-announce-retirement-shortly/articleshow/11652132.cms

Thanks for the memories Dravid.....hope to see you soon as a commentator

Legend:)

Dravid really should go, it is time in fairness. Great player

Delighted to get back to winning ways in a test series, India are hopeless outside the sub continent so no need for the cricket world to start shaking in their boots yet but the signs are starting to point in a good direction for the first time in a long time

• Advertisement
Advertisement