Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

glycolic peel disaster!!!

• 26-12-2011 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello there, wondering if anyone can offer me any advice here?.
    Have been having glycolic facials the last couple of years with no problems, and two months ago moved up to the highest dose of it.
    (although i felt nothing when she put it on my skin that time and actually asked her if she had put it on)
    anyway as a treat for christmas and also due to the fact i have a friend's wedding coming up in a few days i decided to have another glycolic facial to perk up my skin on friday.
    Well what a disaster is all i can say! once again she put the highest dose, but this time when she put the glycolic stuff on my face i felt it straight away. it wasn't unbearable but noticed my cheeks were getting a bit hot, but( having been through childbirth i have a fairly high pain threshold anyway).
    she told me 7 mins was the max it could stay on as it is so strong but i had to ask her to take it off before the time was up
    she left the room to let me get dressed afterwards and i could see my cheeks were tomato red but given that the face can go a bit red after a facial i didn't panic too much and she assured me it would be fine the next day. well my skin is NOT FINE. I look like a burns victim. My face is a mess. Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so what do you advise??
    many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

When did you get it done? Have you given it ample time to settle down? If so I suggest getting on to your doctor/dermatologist and the beautician who carried out the peel.

Just a reminder that we cannot give medical advice here, so everyone be mindful of that in your posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

well there is usually no "settling down time" required. Usually have glowing skin the following day after one of these type facials. I got the facial on Friday and it is Sunday today so less than impressed especially given the day thats in it today. As i said i have never had a problem with them before. Would love to hear from anyone else who has had a similar experience/ reaction and how their skin is now. I went to the chemist and they advised using a water spray and gave me a cream and told me not to wear any make up as it might make things worse. even though i would love to camoflage this disaster!!!!

Advertisement