Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any vets open tomorrow

• 26-12-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

not emergency have an 8 week old puppy thats caught fleas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Try ring the one down by the park. In sorry I can't think of the name of them. Excellent service, they do have an emergancy number but as you sad. It's not an emergancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

thanks I'll try them as I said its not an emergency but i think he'll be in a pretty bad way by tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think supermarkets sell flea killer. I'm sure I've seen it in Tesco though I get it from the vet so as to kill worms as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I think chemists sell that stuff too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

deisemum wrote: »
    I think supermarkets sell flea killer. I'm sure I've seen it in Tesco though I get it from the vet so as to kill worms as well.

They have it in Tesco beside cat food

• Advertisement

he's only 8 weeks so hes not suppose to have flea treatment thats why I have to go to see a vet I think he caught them in the vets on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

As you know, not many shops are open, nor vets and the supermarket flea treatment doesn't work, its the treatment you get from vets that works.

The best thing to do now, is wash the puppy...please say you have puppy shampoo!!!

we'r in luck I have !

And gently wash and massage the puppy in warm, not too hot water and make sure you get every crease on the body (except face) and gently dry and brush them.

I also advise you to get scrubbing the house and the puppy's bed and wash all the blankets at 60 degree's and get hoovering ASAP before the fleas spread like fire. Make sure you clean the vacuum filter straight away and throw out the debris also because the fleas stay alive inside.

Good luck.

sorted ! got him to the vet turned out the poor little thing had lice

• Advertisement

The poor little puppy. Atleast you now know where to get the proper treatment and how frequent etc.

Just to let you know there's two types of treatments, one is for worms and fleas and the other is for ticks and mites. In the warm seasons, such as the "Irish Summer", ticks are common so make sure you treat the puppy with that then also. But not both at the same time.

Good luck.

Advertisement