Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAC - please confirm that this is fake set

• 26-12-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I got a MAC make up set with carry case designed by Matt Murphy.
    No idea who he is and never use MAC as out over my budget.

Got it as a xmas pressie why oh why people do this, i would never have none of the i like or suit and it ddint feel good qality like gooey mascra (hello kitty version if that any help) and far too much silverry glitters in a coral color blusher, greasy lipstick, brushes in a wraparond fake leather bag and a orange MAC carry case to store them.
    Just want to get it confirmed thats it fake and wonder if safe to donate to charity or chuck in bin , eek :o

Found a similaar version on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MAC-make-up-set-10-peice-brand-new-/130620306095?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Sets_LE&hash=item1e6993b2af

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Sounds like fakes to me, definitely with the eBay link you provided.

Few things to check:
    1. Mac don't make eye shadow palettes that come with sponge tip applicators
    2. Mac don't make large brush sets. Only special edition "holiday" half size sets at Xmas.
    3. As far as I know, the Hello Kitty collection was hugely counterfeited.

Finally, if you were to buy all the products in that picture, the cost would run into the 100s, the brushes start at about €20 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pinkpetal

Fake!! I've seen lots of these floating about and people buying them as xmas presents.If Mac did a set like that it would cost over €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

My friend and i weren't doing presents this year but sure didn't she go and get me a Mac eyeliner. I asked her where she got it and that i hopeed it hadn't cost her too much and she told me she got it on a stall on Henry street or Moore street!! She said there were brushes and other items and they were really really cheap. How are they allowed to sell these, like they are obviously not the genuine article?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Absolutely fake, the shadow palette really gives it away.

Advertisement